Column No 201 - Pre 65 Scottish Ride Spiked

Andy

Hi Guy's,

Just picking up on another comment that Mike has made, That there would not be enough original bikes to fill an entry of 180?

Could we have a show of hands, on how many Original out of the factory, bikes there are tucked up in sheds around the world,( with the only mods to footrests,and the little things we all used to change for safety) and if the trial was for this category of bike, riders could be found to compete on them.

I will start with five! You can now add to this number.

Regards Charlie.

Hi Guy's,

Just picking up on another comment that Mike has made, That there would not be enough original bikes to fill an entry of 180?

Could we have a show of hands, on how many Original out of the factory, bikes there are tucked up in sheds around the world,( with the only mods to footrests,and the little things we all used to change for safety) and if the trial was for this category of bike, riders could be found to compete on them.

Regards Charlie.

Hi Charlie.

So you've no problem me bashing one of your bikes around Scotland :thumbup:

Cheers mate

:guinness:

Hi Guy's,

Regards Charlie.

Charlie to me it looks like you would have been better putting your efforts in to trying to organising a twin shock event for old bikes in Scotland rather than just another show as you did last year. Instead harking on about how the organisers run the Scottish 2 day event. It suites me as I go to watch the event and have no qualms about the organisation.

• Like 1

Charlie to me it looks like you would have been better putting your efforts in to trying to organising a twin shock event for old bikes in Scotland rather than just another show as you did last year. Instead harking on about how the organisers run the Scottish 2 day event. It suites me as I go to watch the event and have no qualms about the organisation.

HI Guy's

Hi-Jack?

One thing I have not done is to slag off , This most important trial-event, as we need it in the Classic calender!

Just talking about it every year, only can get more people interested in the subject matter. And hopefully keep any British twinshock wether ,old original or newly built engineered machines, in the public interest

Do you want to give me a hand to organize JUST ANOTHER SHOW, this year then? Perhaps you can dig into your pocket and find a few shillings to help with the loss from last year? But is this going to stop us?NO. somone has to keep the Classic bike sport alive, dont you think?

Regards Charlie.

HI Guy's

Hi-Jack?

One thing I have not done is to slag off , This most important trial-event, as we need it in the Classic calender!

Just talking about it every year, only can get more people interested in the subject matter. And hopefully keep any British twinshock wether ,old original or newly built engineered machines, in the public interest

Do you want to give me a hand to organize JUST ANOTHER SHOW, this year then? Perhaps you can dig into your pocket and find a few shillings to help with the loss from last year? But is this going to stop us?NO. somone has to keep the Classic bike sport alive, dont you think?

Regards Charlie.

Deliver on promises and it might be more of a success?

HI Guy's

Hi-Jack?

Regards Charlie.

Hello Charlie and all...I've got a ride in Scotland this year and am looking forward to riding my Standard frame Cotton...so no no whinging and just get on with it...

Although I will say a mate of mine has started beating us for the first time in 30 years since he changed to a nice little lightweight Bsa B*$%&

Hi Guy's.

Hi Ken,

That will be a Otter then?

I am not trying to Hi-Jack this tread, and was just going to edit it, but after the comments I will now leave it.

Nigel, If you have got three months spare time, and I do mean late into the night sesions, perhaps you could give me a hand and wave your magic wand, and tell me what move to make to be able to fulfill all promises,taking into account the weather and how unpredictable people are.

Running, and organizing any event is a logistic nightmare,then you have the problems with insurance,and the Health and Safety, to contend with, licenses, fire, ambulance, land owners, shall I keep on?

And one major thing is advertising a new event, you can spend a fortune in all the wrong places, to no avail.

I have found out that if you want Motorcycle press coverage you have to write the column inches yourself, or know someone who can do it for you. even with reporting the event as well.

So I for one appreciate the amount of time and effort the E&D club, put into the Scottish events. The only advantage they have over me at the moment, is to have a problem? with the amount of entries they receive. I think personally I could put up with the controversies, this causes, Look at the coverage it gets!!

Regards Charlie. <_<

I think if i had to sum up the p65 scene it would be like this.

It's like being invited to a birthday party,if you turn up to the party looking better than the birthday boy you will get thrown out of the party.

Brothers you can keep your Pre65's.

I think if i had to sum up the p65 scene it would be like this.

It's like being invited to a birthday party,if you turn up to the party looking better than the birthday boy you will get thrown out of the party.

Brothers you can keep your Pre65's.

Know what you mean but if we are not careful twinshock could go the same way so lessons can be learnt from Pre65's, how i hate that term, problems and controversies.

Pre65's, how i hate that term

I don't like that word much either,Any trial that goes under that wording would suggest it's more of a Nostalgia run than a Competition.

Take the Pioneer Motorcycle run from Epsom downs to Brighton for example,no rider is trying to win,each rider is just trying to finish the run without breaking down or having an heartattack before they get to the finish.

http://www.brightonrun.co.uk/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=62&Itemid=53

been keeping an eye on this thread since it appeared with the intention of replying to it all week, so here i go finally.

firstly judging by a lot of the comments now and in the past it would seem that the basis for getting an entry is very mysterious and inconsistant definately....

i read with interest all the talk of certain riders getting in whatever etc and as long as they are worthy in a way that most would find acceptable, then no problem.....

but what would the thought be if the british trials champion didnt get a ride in the modern bike ssdt, would it or could it possibly happen?

reading the last sentence above would you also then agree that the equivolent present pre 65 british champion for 2010 and 2009 for that matter, would walk into an entry for the pre 65 trial..... well he entered, and it got refused!

maybe that will get an answer from someone up high (or will it be brushed under the carpet) the trial smells, just very few are willing to say so......

reading the last sentence above would you also then agree that the equivolent present pre 65 british champion for 2010 and 2009 for that matter, would walk into an entry for the pre 65 trial..... well he entered, and it got refused!

maybe that will get an answer from someone up high (or will it be brushed under the carpet) the trial smells, just very few are willing to say so......

Unfortunately while they have more entries then places they hold the whip hand!

If you don’t like it the best thing is not to enter, then they may realise the entries are falling

(That’s if the majority think there’s a problem, most people may be happy with the way its run)?

Edited by Monty_Jon