Sprite Trials Bikes

old trials fanatic

Hi Guy's.

If you now think you would like to own a "Sprite" trials bike? here is an example built by Dave and Pete Dawson the first time around. you can follow the build up of this bike on Dave's web site. http://www.classicrider444.com And I have found the second bike on e-Bay.

Regards Charlie.

See the prices are soaring already now they are "officialy" Pre65. Well the ones built before 1965 anyway :thumbup: Watch em all apear now on flea bay like a flock of "majestys" LOL :popcorn:

Hi Guy's

Hi OTF.

I Promised I would put this Photo on for you well the scan never arrived so I have photographed it for you and,this is as good has it gets, Pretty little bike though don't you think???

Is there anyone riding a Sachs powered Sprite in the twinshock classes???

. :thumbup::icon_salut:

Regards Charlie.

post-2608-0-49852800-1301353984.jpg

Might get this right eventually, regarding the earlier mention of Arthur BROWNING, yes he is still very active in the bike world, He reguarly competes at pre 65 trials, with the AMCA BMCA club amongst others, i have also had the pleasure to watch him at the Red Marley Hill climb which is held over easter in Worcstershire. Both time s i have seen him ride he was on an old JAWA , 500 i think.

The very man :-

Hi Guy's

Hi OTF.

I Promised I would put this Photo on for you well the scan never arrived so I have photographed it for you and,this is as good has it gets, Pretty little bike though don't you think???

Is there anyone riding a Sachs powered Sprite in the twinshock classes???

. :thumbup::icon_salut:

Regards Charlie.

just thought you might be interested dad has put a video on youtube it`s under spritemotorcycles (all one word) :popcorn: hope you enjoy all the best steve

Might get this right eventually, regarding the earlier mention of Arthur BROWNING, yes he is still very active in the bike world, He reguarly competes at pre 65 trials, with the AMCA BMCA club amongst others, i have also had the pleasure to watch him at the Red Marley Hill climb which is held over easter in Worcstershire. Both time s i have seen him ride he was on an old JAWA , 500 i think.

You omitted his road racing exploits - saw him at the Manx last year.

• 3 weeks later...

Email meHi Folks, I had the first Sprite trials bike which consisted of parts taken of my 1993 Cotton (ENGINE ETC) which i bought from Franks shop in Handsworth,I rode this bike in 1995 SSDT fitted with front forks wheel mudgard borowed for the week of Roy Bevis.Any one interested I now live and work in Marbella Spain and run a transport firm called Spanishmoves.co.uk I have a Bultaco down hear but fell off big stile last week

Email meHi Folks, I had the first Sprite trials bike which consisted of parts taken of my 1963 Cotton (ENGINE ETC) which i bought from Franks shop in Handsworth,I rode this bike in 1965 SSDT fitted with front forks wheel mudgard borowed for the week of Roy Bevis.Any one interested I now live and work in Marbella Spain and run a transport firm called Spanishmoves.co.uk I have a Bultaco down hear but fell off big stile last week

Edited by jonah

Hi Guy's

Hi Jonah,

Glad you are still into trials bikes, has you and Frank spurned a vast crop of youngsters in the sixties that thought they had no chance to own a decent trials bike before Sprite appeared. And thought you could not compeat without money, in anything more the a local club trial, until you came along Dennis, and proved that you could achieve any heights, if you only had the determination to succeed. If only it was the same today!!

So thank you Sprite (Frank, and thank you Dennis, to what you have given to our sport of the past.

You are both stars, and we will never forget what you have, put into motorcycle trials.

Regards Charlie. :thumbup:

Edit spelling.

Edited by charlie prescott

• 4 weeks later...

Firstly - Hello to you all

I am picking up a Sprite trials bike this weekend fitted with a Sachs 125 engine, accompanying it is a spare Sachs engine & chromoly frame.

The bike has been sat festering in my dads shed for the best part of 15 years, prior to this it was owned by my great uncle. I stripped to restore it approx 8 years ago, the restoration was halted by a move & I recently stumbled upon this thread which has rejuvenated my interest.

My dad has now agreed to let me have the bike as he has no time in which to restore it but I have noticed very limited information available on the internet, I have trawled all the information available online but was wondering if there were any further resources available?

Thank you in advance

Adam

• 3 months later...

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys, just found this interesting thread.

In response to TrialsRfun's post #88 asking where the frame nos are: (I tried to PM him but it failed)

I don't know about the 60's trials frames, but the 70s MX frames that made it to Oz have the numbers stamped upright (not sideways) on the front of the steering head, running downwards under each other. (By the mid 70s they were 4 digit numbers - well on the way to being 5 digit)

However, some are stamped very lightly so its easy to miss them, especially if under 2-3 coats of paint. But, several frames have no evidence of any numbers at all & no evidence of them having been ground off.

Love to see more pics of the early Trials bikes

• 2 months later...