charlie prescott

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,034 posts
  • Bike:bsa Otter's Etc,

Posted 12 December 2011 - 12:48 AM

Hi Guy's.
For you guy's with bikes you think are "Goldfingers" on the twinshock forum.You should find what you are looking for on this thread,
OK :thumbup:
Regards Charlie.

#107 scottishsteve

scottishsteve

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 241 posts
  • Bike:mont 4rt ty
  • Club:perth

Posted 30 December 2011 - 07:06 PM

are spares still ok to get for the sprite? what carb should be on it?

#108 tezzaj

tezzaj

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Bike:1968 Sprite trials

Posted 29 February 2012 - 08:46 PM

There is a book which has quite a bit on Sprites , it is "Classic British (two stroke) Trials Bikes" Published by Osprey in 1987 ISBN 0-85045-745-9.

#109 boy blue

boy blue

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 04:01 PM

hi im steve hipkin (frank hipkins son) MR SPRITE i have some sad news unfortunately dad passed away on monday 3rd September following a major stroke on thursday 30th august he leaves behind a wife 2 sons 3 daughters 13 grandchildren 5 great grandchildren and countless friends,

#110 boy blue

boy blue

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 04:03 PM

hi im steve hipkin (frank hipkins son) MR SPRITE i have some sad news unfortunately dad passed away on monday 3rd September following a major stroke on thursday 30th august he leaves behind a wife 2 sons 3 daughters 13 grandchildren 5 great grandchildren and countless friends,

i`ve had to come on under this name because i was unable to sign in with ste3hip.

Ads By Google User is online

Ads By Google
  • Ad Bots

Don't want these Ads? Why not help support TC and sign up as a Trials Central Supporter?

#111 charlie prescott

charlie prescott

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,034 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 10:01 AM

Hi Steve,
I am very sorry to hear of your sad loss and my thoughts are with you and your family.
“British Trials Bikes” would have never have grown like it did in the late sixties without your fathers input, supplying a trials bike that anyone could afford.
I am glad we did the catch up on Sprite Trials bikes when we did, has I know your dad enjoyed it.
Condolences to you all in the family.
And I for one will make sure “Mr Sprite’s” name lives on while I am still able too!
Charlie Prescott.

#112 ste2hip

ste2hip

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 02:10 PM

Hi Steve,
I am very sorry to hear of your sad loss and my thoughts are with you and your family.
“British Trials Bikes” would have never have grown like it did in the late sixties without your fathers input, supplying a trials bike that anyone could afford.
I am glad we did the catch up on Sprite Trials bikes when we did, has I know your dad enjoyed it.
Condolences to you all in the family.
And I for one will make sure “Mr Sprite’s” name lives on while I am still able too!
Charlie Prescott.

Thanks charlie the funeral takes place at stourbridge crem on thurs 13th at 2.10 then on to hadcroft inn at new farm rd lye casual clothes plz (dad hated suits ;) )donations are to be divided between stroke association and the A M C A benevolent fund many Thanks the HIPKINS xx

#113 glencoe

glencoe

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 03:04 PM

Hi,
There was a query to Big John which I didn't see a reply to about the first Bultaco to be ridden in the Scottish, so here are some facts.

To the best of my remembrance (if there is such a thing!) the first Bultaco seen in the Scottish was in 1962 when Tommy Ollerton brought his bike to Scotland - he was riding it regularly in Lancashire at the time and helping Anelay's develop the Sherpa (No, not Samuel Hamilton - the bike was virtually 'fait accompli' before he ever talked to Senor Bulto - but that's another story.)
I did chat with Jack Anelay at the time, but he was really more interested in developing the racers than the trials model, even though, ion my view, their work on the trialler was far more effective in the overall picture.
Cheers

#114 charlie prescott

charlie prescott

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,034 posts

Posted 21 November 2014 - 10:26 AM

Hi Guy's

I said I would keep the Name Sprite alive, so I am doing a Page on my web site about the Trials Bikes and the guys that where supported by Sprite on these Machines.

This fits in with the story about the late Chris Leighfield too.

So if any of you have any information I could use I would be grateful. Thanks. I am sure Deryk would be too.

Regards Charlie

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users