Radiator to water pump hose

tricks

My SY 250R Radiator hose has taken one bash to many and split open, anyone know of a cheap replacment or where i can source one from? Also does another bike hose fit GasGas Beta etc??

Ta

The silicone ones from Birketts are the best ones for the money, I have never seen anything that will fit and still let the coolant flow properly, there may be some dealers with the old genuine scorpa items in stock, they where less than a tenner.

Edited by godzilla

My SY 250R Radiator hose has taken one bash to many and split open, anyone know of a cheap replacment or where i can source one from? Also does another bike hose fit GasGas Beta etc??

Ta

Hi there,i had this bother a few times,i took my pipe with me to a car breakers yard,there is lots of cars with hoses with the same shape/size pipe if you look around,i just cut a few so i have spare ones ready to go on when i need them and its free!!!!!!

The silicone ones from Birketts are the best ones for the money, I have never seen anything that will fit and still let the coolant flow properly, there may be some dealers with the old genuine scorpa items in stock, they where less than a tenner.

Thanks godzilla, the less than a tenner option sounds good. Call me old fashioned [ok call me tight] but paying

When replacing the hose just be careful that it doesn't kink closed at the 90 degree bend. When I worked at Checker Auto I discovered that they sell all sorts of preformed bent auto hoses of just about any diameter and bend that you can imagine. I just took my old hose in and matched it up to something hanging on the wall. A mic works well to ensure that the inside diameters match up. I found one that was "S" shaped and was able to cut two hoses out of it.