Help! Boots for girl with big calves?

dame_dabaphobic

Hello,

Please help! I'm on the hunt for trials boots but I have a problem, I have very short legs but large calves :(

Shoe size is UK4 (Euro 37)& from the bottom of my heel to the back of my knee is only 15.5" and my calves are 14.5" :o I measure a whopping 5 foot tall and weigh just over 8 stone so I admit I'm a bit of an odd shape :rolleyes:

Are there ANY boots out there that might fit?!

Any help would be very much apprciated. :thumbup:

Dame Dabaphobic

Edited by Dame_Dabaphobic

Good trials boots are nice to have, yet I would not consider them to be an absolute neccessity as a beginner. Good hiking boots that are comfortable with a waffle sole fairly flat(no big heel) and decent ankle support will work, Just as important I think, is a good set of knee and shin guards that strap around the calf. They will likely go down to the boot anyway.

I use the youth versions of the MX stuff, just about right for trials. And trust me, your knee caps will love you for it in a tip over on a rock!

I agree with copemech start out with hiking boots thats what I did and they worked rather well esp when I was scoring a section and didn't fall and break my leg while trying to get on the tallest rock there. But I have the same problem my calves are huge (along with the rest of my lower half :rolleyes: )I just hope the pair of alpine stars I ordered arnt too bad.

Alpine Stars are really good boots and fit really well. My fiance (ihaterocks) ordered the same NoStops I have in a size that fits her feet and both of us have big calvs. As you wear them in they will fit even better. I would give them a try. I have worn them for years and there the best boots i have ever had. wore one pair till they fell apart completely

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I have the same problem, massive calves. Cannot get any boots to fasten anywhere near at the top, and I've tried them all.

I have done some research, and have chosen wulf trials boots as they are a good price and seem to be well made.

Anyway, got them home and removed the top buckle, then started unpicking the inside stitching. The boot is made up of leather outer and some thick material bonded to it inside of the lining. Within the inside lining is bonded the bolts which the fastener fastens to.

I put the boot on and placed the fastener on the outside in a position which would fasten, but not at the limit of the strap extension, and marked the bolt hole position.

With a craft knife and shaking hands(on brand new boots!!), I started score and cut out a rectangular section of the inner material, then forced my fingers in to seperate the interior material from the leather outer. I then simply cut (well drilled) two holes in the outer leather where the clamp was to be placed, then pulled out the interior material and turned it 180 degrees, lined up the 'bolts' with the two holes I drilled, then temporarily screwed on the outside clip. Next I removed the clip, and with some shoe glue, re-glued the inner material to the leather, then re-fitted the outside clip. Then I found something round, about calf size, placed it inside the boot and fastened it up so that it was tight while the glue bonded.

Once dry, job done, boot fits and fastens perfectly. The two old holes I filled twice with shoe glue until flush.

I have worn boots now and they are great. To finish the job properly, I plan to bond some more material on the inside covering the patch fully, just for added strength, although dosent seem to need it.

Fairly radical, but I had no other option. I hope this helps for all of us with superhero legs!

Andy

I tried every pair in the shop and found Falco enduro boots were the only ones to reach around my fat legs. :thumbup:

http://www.giannifalco.com/uk/detail_products.php?cod=107&linea=9

I tend to disagree with the hiking boots idea after an early experience of a quick dab resulting in a clout on the calf with a footrest..ouch :blink:

And don't even mention the Ossa handlebar attacking my inner thigh.....I'm now into my second month off work.......I wonder if I'm really cut out for this trials lark..... :blink::wacko::wacko: