2011 EVO AM I JINXED

duggan

I am either the most unlucky person on the planet or is there a problem?

So far in the last 5 weeks i have had 5! YES 5 rear 2011 fenders snap and crack as if they were made from glass! at 70+ notes each iam now at my wits end!!!

I wouldnt mind so much if id looped the bike everytime, but its from hardly even touching the bloody things. On my 2009 and 2010 bike i couldnt fault the fender they seemed unbrakeable.

Is anyone else out there having the same problem?

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So far in the last 5 weeks i have had 5! YES 5 rear 2011 fenders snap and crack as if they were made from glass! at 70+ notes each iam now at my wits end!!!

I wouldnt mind so much if id looped the bike everytime, but its from hardly even touching the bloody things. On my 2009 and 2010 bike i couldnt fault the fender they seemed unbrakeable.

Nope. No problems here. What type of temperatures are you riding in?

I also have a 2011 Evo. When I got my bike I took out the two rear fender bolts and installed plastic plugs that are used to hold in car interior, such as inside door panels. The plugs have ridges which help hold in the fender. Go to any auto part store and you should find them. Had to shorten the plugs a little bit.

Any pressure on the fender they should pop out and hopefully not crack the fender.

They sound like a good plan will buy some today. At first I thought it was due to cold weather but today was 11c which shouldn't cause any problems. After none in two years then suddenly five in no time am sure the plastic has changed?

I would kick off with the importer as this happen on the Beta Rev3 02 model. On first outing jump over a 3 foot wide ditch and cracked it just by the landing. Beta did release some that was ok not like the sugar glass ones on the first models.

I believe that its a money making scam as

Hey Duggan I found the package and the name are body panel retainers. You could google it and see what they look like. Bring the fender bolt with you and match them up

Hey Clive:

How are you liking the Evo so far??? Matt has been on one for over a year now and we love them up here in the Great White North! Happy New Year bud!

A friend of mine had the same problem on his new 2011 Beta, only touched with foot(boot) and it was cut like it would be glass.

German Munster

Yeah All of mine have broken with hardly any pressure knocked it with my knee when getting on and it snapped of like a pain of glass. Today I lay the bike down slowly on soft mud while stopped and again it snapped! A guy riding a gaser seen it happen and couldn't believe his eyes!

It's now getting to the point where every trial cost me a fortune.

Seems strange theyve only just started snapping on the 2011 bikes

Edited by Duggan

Hi

One of the lads broke his off today right across the back of the airbox....he done the same thing 3 weeks ago :blink:

Maybe they are a bit fragile...but i have bent them double on all of my evos and they have been ok... just the luck of the draw i think... or BAD BAD luck ...

The first time we put it down to being in the cold-riding in the snow But its not been that cold today :wacko:

Cheers

Edited by mobbster