D.I.D. Wheels on 2011s

lumpylion

It appears that Sherco has switched over to the D.I.D. (Montesa style) wheels for the 2011s. :thumbup: It's going to be this way for the second U.S. shipment onwards, not sure when this started for the UK and EU.

Additionally, does the use of Marzocchi forks on the SSDT limited edition bike possibly foreshadow a switchover for all future models? :hyper: It seems Sherco has been actively refining by using certain models to test (VHST carb on the 2010 Economy, bushings in the late 2010 linkage).

It appears that Sherco has switched over to the D.I.D. (Montesa style) wheels for the 2011s. :thumbup: It's going to be this way for the second U.S. shipment onwards, not sure when this started for the UK and EU.

Additionally, does the use of Marzocchi forks on the SSDT limited edition bike possibly foreshadow a switchover for all future models? :hyper: It seems Sherco has been actively refining by using certain models to test (VHST carb on the 2010 Economy, bushings in the late 2010 linkage).

This is true! We shall see! I am not at all sure about these VHST carbs as yet, I was under the impressio they came in the 26mm version originally, then the 28? Not sure what is on the Economy model? Help! :rolleyes:

a friend of mine picked up his 2011 250 sherco about 6 weeks ago

and that has the new rear morad rim on it, the front forks have two

names on them, paiolli on the adjusters and ceraini on the fork

legs (sorry if the spellings not correct)

jsp

a friend of mine picked up his 2011 250 sherco about 6 weeks ago

and that has the new rear morad rim on it, the front forks have two

names on them, paiolli on the adjusters and ceraini on the fork

legs (sorry if the spellings not correct)

jsp

Ceriani was an older manufacturer of front forks and the company has been around for years,

Paoli bought the ceriani brand/name a couple of years back and then rebraned

the sherco Paoli forks as 'ceriani' forks , they are paoli forks with ceriani decals on.

I would think that the new sherco models use the new DID style MORAD rim , same as GasGas and

Beta do on their 2011 models.

Pretty sure it is a Morad rim. I got my 2011 before the switch, but aint that bothered because ive had problems in the past with spokes snapping on the split spoke type. As for the marzocchis on the SSDT bike, I was told on friday that they have no particular plans to feature on future bikes. Its more down to the recent issues Paioli have been having, not being able to get forks to the bike manufacturers.

Id love to see them become a permanant feature though, i do like them 'zocchis!

Maybe we will get a decent rear shock too in the future!

Pretty sure it is a Morad rim. I got my 2011 before the switch, but aint that bothered because ive had problems in the past with spokes snapping on the split spoke type. As for the marzocchis on the SSDT bike, I was told on friday that they have no particular plans to feature on future bikes. Its more down to the recent issues Paioli have been having, not being able to get forks to the bike manufacturers.

Id love to see them become a permanant feature though, i do like them 'zocchis!

Maybe we will get a decent rear shock too in the future!

I agree, Marzocchis would be very nice, but an Ohlins rear shock would be immense! :thumbup: