rev 3 wheel in an evo

nickytricks

Hi All. I'm looking to convert the spare wheel that I have from my Rev3 ('07/'08) to fit in my Evo (2T). I understand that I have to machine some spacers (which I have the facilities to do).

Do I need to space the disc or the sprocket, and by how much? Should I make one continuous spacer or individual ones for each bolt?

Will the Rev3 disc fit or do I need to reduce the diameter/buy a new disc?

Do I need to make new wheel spacers or will the standard Evo ones fit?

I'm quite capable of making the appropriate measurements but would like to hear from anyone who has 'been there and done that'.

Alternatively should I just fork out the cash and buy Lampkin's conversion kit!

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have a 06 REV with the long range tank that I just use for trail rides so I do not use it that much. So I took that rear wheel and use it as my practise wheel on my EVO.It was easy to convert over,I bought an EVO disc as it is smaller diameter than the stock REV disc,drilled it out so I could use the floating disc system from the REV hub,(the floating disc always worked good in my opinion anyways) mounted the disc.You could machine your REV disc to the same diameter as the EVO disc if wanted to.I took the longer of the two REV wheel spacers and used it on the sprocket side,bought another longer wheel spacer to match and used it on the disc side plus a 2.5mm washer. I am sure you could just make up a new longer spacer for the disc side.That was all I did used it for over a year has worked great and when I use my REV I just changed discs and wheel spacers and keep the EVO wheel with a good tire for competitions.Hope this helps

Bill

Edited by sparkybill