Painting Plastics

john collins

Hi - I often seem to answer questions - thought it may be time to pose one?

I am sure I have seen a post on TC about paint for plastic, I mean mudguards etc on a modern bike

I have also seen some pictures of a few special bikes which have been customised with various colour schemes - but I just cannot find the info now

I mean a paint that will stick on and stay on , and I ahve seen a few products advertised, but they all seem to be based in USA. I also recall that a plasticiser needs to be added to paint such as acrylic, but again I have no details. If anyone has had reasonable sucess, perhapos they can offer up some info

Hi

as Pete says halfords primer worked for me also, not sure how long it lasted as I sold the bike shortly after,last year I met a guy who rides with the bon accord club and his scorpa was done in a wrap, very effective and looked a realy good finish, and quite hard wearing according to the owner. might be worth considering, I`m sure he said it was only

Call Marky Boy at H&D racing. He can give you the lowdown on all this, but bottom line is it is tricky, and possibly not all that durable with benting mudguards on modern bikes. :rolleyes: Get a good look at plastic bumpers on cars as example!

Good paint is extremely expensive.

Edited by copemech