Frame Swap?

brokeback

How hard would it be to put a current Gas Gas frame onto an 09 bike? are many bits different?

All swaps are possible, but the question is, is it practical. I was once involved in putting a supercharged 500CI big-block Chevy in a Honda 600 Coupe. It had huge shock value, as intended, but was horrible to drive, even in a straight line.

I would think you would be better off to sell your 09' and buy the 2011 as a complete unit.

Jon

It would go in a straight line?

Provided you used a durometer on the slicks to make sure they were the same hardness

(and thus had the same "bite"). Even then counter rotation of the engine would "load"

one side of the car and you had to be ready for it.

Even then it was always an "interesting" ride. It was built for show purposes only but

heck, who can resist making sure everything works correctly.....

Jon

i thought we were talking about a gas gas frame. not a stupid engine swap.

I thought the frame swap question had been answered and I was answering TooFastTim's question regarding my example of "possible vs. practical". My thought is that both swaps are not practical but I wouldn't describe either one as "stupid", considering the desired result.

Jon