TY 250 Mono - Source Coil

ps1000

Hi - I would like to try another source coil on my TY250 to see if it cures my starting woes (The resistance is reading 180 ohms instead of 240)

Does anyone happen to know if another model of source coil would fit or does it have to be the exact one

Its got a lighting coil fitted which I dont use..would this be worth trying ?

Or would the source coil from a TY250 twinshock do

Any suggestions much appreciated

Hi - Thought I'd let you all know that I managed to fix the problem without changing the source coil

I removed the flywheel and the stator plate took all the coils off and cleaned everything thoroughly including the wiring harness connectors.

Put it all back together and she started first kick

Note that the source coil resistance is still only 180 ohms instead of 240ohms so if you experience a similar reading it doesn't necessarily mean that the coil needs replacing

Restore nearing completion now - will post some photos in due course

• 1 month later...

Hi - Thought I'd let you all know that I managed to fix the problem without changing the source coil

I removed the flywheel and the stator plate took all the coils off and cleaned everything thoroughly including the wiring harness connectors.

Put it all back together and she started first kick

Note that the source coil resistance is still only 180 ohms instead of 240ohms so if you experience a similar reading it doesn't necessarily mean that the coil needs replacing

Restore nearing completion now - will post some photos in due course

That's great new's just curious though did you check the resistance after you cleaned everything ...if yes,what were they ?