Finding ethanol free fuel

ishy

A local machine shop in Rolla MO buys VP110 in bulk and sells it for $8 per gal. When I lived in north east OK a NAPA auto parts store sold Sunoco 110 in sealed 5 gallon containers for $45 each. It sounds like you are getting gouged at those prices.

When did you last confirm these prices? As you are surely painfully aware, the cost of fuel has skyrocketed recently. I have checked several local retailers and the prices are consistently high. When I first bought SEF94 last year it was something like $9/gallon but was $16 at last check (March). I just bought another 5 gallons of C9 last week and it's still $12/gal for a 5 gallon drum.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When did you last confirm these prices? As you are surely painfully aware, the cost of fuel has skyrocketed recently. I have checked several local retailers and the prices are consistently high. When I first bought SEF94 last year it was something like $9/gallon but was $16 at last check (March). I just bought another 5 gallons of C9 last week and it's still $12/gal for a 5 gallon drum.

I bought 5 gallons 2 weeks ago for $40. I made it a point to ask about buying it in individual 5gal containers like I had in Oklahoma and the owner said he could only sell at $8 per gallon if he bought in bulk. I'm not sure but the size of his tank was either 500 or 1,000 gallon. I bring my 5 gallon can and he fills it for $40. I asked him about lower octane like 96 or 100 and he said it was more expensive because he couldn't get it in bulk. I hope this helps you get the same price somewhere near you... It sure does make the bike run sweet.

• 1 month later...

The other problem (not just trials related) with Alcohol added gasoline, google the words "GAS PHASE SEPARATION" it will make you sick. what is worse is, they add 10% or more to fuel, government subsidizes them a bunch for doing it, Plus it doesnt save us 10% on the cost of gas, plus that gas has 10% of the energy removed now, (as in miles per gallon a car will get on that tank of fuel)... It just gets worse and worse... Azz Usuall