Rev Paioli rear shock rebuild guide?

mattknox2008

I'm after Information on rebuilding a Paoili rear shock on an 07 rev.

Planning on rebuilding it myself and taking it down the road to get regas'd (Have spent years rebuilding mountain bike shocks in the bike industry). but can't find any info on shock oil wt and voloume etc.

If any one can help with this and any tips with these shocks would be very helpfull

Thanks

matt

Edited by mattknox2008

I'm after Information on rebuilding a Paoili rear shock on an 07 rev.

Planning on rebuilding it myself and taking it down the road to get regas'd (Have spent years rebuilding mountain bike shocks in the bike industry). but can't find any info on shock oil wt and voloume etc.

If any one can help with this and any tips with these shocks would be very helpfull

Thanks

matt

Hello,

I'm in the process of doing the same thing. I contacted Lamkins and have bought a rebuild kit for the damper. I think it's about

Awsome that makes alot of sense. Did they give you any tips on what oil and weight to use?

Silver damper rod is the main rod up the center that you can see when you look through the spring. Basicly when the spring is off the shock this should still have alot of restance when you try push it down and return to the top on its own.

Edited by mattknox2008

• 2 weeks later...

• 2 years later...

just rebuilt my 03 Rev3 shock with a new seal kit....was a little bit tricky to assemble but nothing extraordinary....re bleeding, I could see no way to bleed it as described by kasob1964 as there is no access to the shim stacks other than through the tiny ports, and thats not viable once the stack starts to move..perhaps there is a special way but i can't figure it out..anyway, just bled it by working it through its compressed/rebound operating range until the air was expelled...off to get it gassed...fingers crossed

about 85ml of oil came out so thats what I put back in (5wt)...re pressure, I am not sure but there wasn't much pressure when I dissassembled it