Expert B Riders List for Nationals

telecat

If you look at the list the three tier Expert B is made up quite sensibly.

Top tier is championship positions from last year so by rights should be the priority.

Second tier was any other points scorers and some who rode in rounds last year.

Third tier is mainly others who rode in rounds last year.

Thats how I basically make it out anyway. Its more sense than having 80 on the list like last year and some of the riders never even did a round.

Any grading list only has an effect if the trial is oversubscribed. Graded riders then have priority. Don't think many BTC rounds had the problem of too many entries. I think St Davids was bang on the figure so all who entered got a ride.

Only real problem is if an ungraded rider gets their entry in early they won't know for certain if they have a ride until after the closing date. I think if you read the regs for a lot of the ACU championships that preference is given to current point scorers or last years scorers.

I know in the past you can apply to be put on the list if you are planning on doing a round or more. Jake is on Exp A list but only just come out of youth.

I guess therefore makes sense!!

You would get a guaranteed ride on either the Championship class or Expert A. I agree that not all the rounds were full. The first one will be oversubscribed as it always is but not everybody will make the trip to Devon for round 2. If you enter and get a decent result more often than not you wont have a problem getting a ride in the others.