2010 pro forks

falcon1

you`ve paid them for a job to service + fix the problem . take forks back to get re-done by dealer properly this time for free . you will damage fork internals riding like this

I agree, they should not make a top-out sound and something could be broken, mis-assembled or just missing. I'm guessing that possibly the "top-out" spring inside the cartridge, just above the piston may be broken but you would think they would pick up on that when checking after servicing.

Jon

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for your replys, but I honestly believe that it isnt the dealers fault. One of them is a dealer I have used for years and the other is a very reputable mechanic.

Im thinking maybe I didnt explain the problem correctly. It usually develops during a bigger type trial, when there is a lot of moor crossings. It will start off quite subtle then develop throughout the trial so much that when riding sections other riders are commenting on the horrible sound and the front end becomes like a pogo stick. At one trial it happened it was bad it was shaking nuts and bolts loose!!!

Then I will have them serviced, they will be fine for weeks/months, then out of the blue, 9 times out of 10 crossing a moor, it will start again.

Makes me think, at first glance, that the oil being used is frothing or foaming, might try a different brand. if there are air bubbles (they go away over time you know) being produced from the hard use trials you talk about, maybe too thin weight, but betting it "might" be the oil? what would be nice to see is, get the bike to do its symptoms, then hopefully, drain without any time for the oil to recover...

& see if I was right?

I'm just guessing though, seems possible, hydraulic systems have this problem when hot and high use, but most designers create a huge collection container into the system so the oil can recover, hard to do that in shock/forks.

Edited by Sting32