clutch noise (rattle)

g660r

just got my self a new 05 sy 250. Its brand new and sat in my friends basement since they bought a container full of bikes. rode it for a second time today and there is a rattling noise comeing from the clutch area when in nutral and the lever out. wondering if anyone has any ideas of whats going on and if i should worry or just run it.

Just about every bike I've ever owned had a little rattle in them at idle in neutral. All three of my GG's did. I don't think my KRoo did, but it had a real hydraulic clutch instead of just a hydraulic slave like most bikes do.

Used to bother me on the GG's. I changed out pistons and rings and clutches and stuff, and never could tell much difference. Finally decided that's just how they sound.

My 08 SY250 has a little clutch rattle too. My TY350 did too. A mechanic told me that most bikes like a little noise. If they don't make some, something is probably wrong. You should hear my Kawasaki Concours.

If the clutch is not slipping or dragging and seems to engage and disengage all right, or unless it sounds like it's going to come apart, like Tony says, make sure it's got decent oil in it, and just ride it. It's probably just singing too you.

Edited by Ridgrunr