montesa engine oil

dye29

hy all can anyone tell me alternative oils that can be used in engine and gear for montesa 4rt that are good

Hi

Been running mine on either silkolene Pro 4T or the castrol the Pidcocks suppply [can't remember the name]in the motor and it seems very happy.

For the gearbox I use PJ1 two-stoke clutch tuner which, with CR125 "dimpled" metal plates [plenty of dealers sell these, got mine from BVM Moto for about

I have used the Silkolene Pro 4t in the engine & the ELF HTX in the gearbox. Bike has about 300 hours

with no problems. Still doesn't use any oil. Clutch never dragging or sticky. Good stuff.

Where can you order these (Silkolene Pro 4t in the engine & the ELF HTX )from in the USA?

Mobil 1 works well in the motor and is available everywhere

Elf HTX is the only oil that works properly in the gearbox / clutch. Other oils may be acceptable to their owners, but ELF HTX works best. Trouble is, it costs a fortune. On the plus side, it really doesn't need changing as often as people think. If you've had other oils in your gearbox,Silkolene, PJ1, ATF, Repsol,Motul, it'll take a couple of expensive changes with Elf HTX to get it all back to normal.

In the USA, it's no coincidence that the Spares importer Overland Trail are also Elf agents. Suggest you contact Dennis Ziolkowski the proprieter, his email is info@overlandtrail.biz