Tarres starts new factory: Jota Gas

for artie

:blink:

Hmm, there's a bit more to this than meets the eye. I have the unfortunate experience of being involved in grant applications more than once. Jotagas/Jordi Robinat appear to have been given an academic/R&D grant by the Aragon govt provided said grant percolates it's way back to academia.

In other words don't expect this to go commercial. That would be a nice to have but not essential. Only about 1 in ten R&D grants actually goes commercial.

*edit* JT is a consultant to the "company" (he wants a slice of the dosh).

I see what you mean..it seems like the whole launch of this company is based on some CAD sketches.

If it wasn't for the new premises I would be a bit sceptical...nice drawings though :agreed:

If it wasn't for the new premises I would be a bit sceptical...

Seems Jordi Robinat is a real estate whizz:

"Jordi Robinat is the founder & CEO of Fides Capital, a new asset management and investing firm that focuses in the real estate distressed Spanish market. Jordi also controls MedGroup, a leading first class real estate and leisure company in Spain. Before Jordi developed different real estate ventures with funds such as Apollo. Previously he was CEO of E. Mas

Odd looking, one sided shock.

The Rev3 used an offset shock.

Have there been other off centre shocks with linkage ?

Beta did it years ago with an enduro bike. Two shocks, each on a linkage.

Personally I don't see the point. One of the benefits of single shock bikes is that the shocks are far less prone to damage. I've bent shocks on twinshock bikes more than once. Not a big deal, just remove shock and belt it against a tree, but still an annoyance.

Edited by TooFastTim

Slack work day--- :popcorn: Conjecture time:

The space between the back of the frame and the start of the rear tyre is traditionally occupied by the air-box,exhaust mid-box and the rear shock..that looks like a huge void on that frame drawing??

Discuss...

The linkage is sure going to collect the mud!

Maybe not... is difficult for a computer rendering to collect mud... its not the mud collection that interests me

I want to know how much wonga those behind this will be collecting in from grant subsidy and buildings

• 2 weeks later...