Short Insurance policy for registering a bike

andy m

Does anyone know of an insurer who will insure a bike on the frame number for a short period to register the bike. When it is registered I will be able to put on a classic policy with other bikes but they will not insure on the frame number only. I know C Nash will do it on the frame number but I don't want a 12 month policy with them. Thanks...

Does anyone know of an insurer who will insure a bike on the frame number for a short period to register the bike. When it is registered I will be able to put on a classic policy with other bikes but they will not insure on the frame number only. I know C Nash will do it on the frame number but I don't want a 12 month policy with them. Thanks...

alternativley, if you just sign up for a year, but pay by installments, cancel as soon as the bike is registered, you can cancel your policy at any time. they may wack you with a 20 quid admin charge. i had to do very much the same to take a private plate off of a car that was SORN before i sold it

cheers,

some where between no chance and fat chance i'd think they'll probably staing you for the full value of the policy if you cancel within 28 days ( my car policy has just tried to do the same

thats a bit strong mate, surely you have the right to cancel at any time, my insurers were more than happy, i even got a refund!!!!!!