Sherco Rear Shock

bucktonite

Hi everyone, I'm new to the sport but thoroughly enjoying trialing. Just bought a 2003 Sherco 250 with original shock, it seems a bit dead and certainly not very bouncy. I have adjusted it to no avail, slacken the spring off and there's tons of lag and no rebound, tighten it up it's too stiff.

I have chance of a 2009 sherco 290 olle shock, does anyone know if this would this fit my 2003 250???

Regards

Rob

it seems a bit dead and certainly not very bouncy. I have adjusted it to no avail, slacken the spring off and there's tons of lag and no rebound, tighten it up it's too stiff.

It's possible the adjuster is broken on the hardest damping setting. Take it into a decent off-road shop and let them have a look. Worst case is they can revalve to suit you.

P.S. Have you compared it to another, similar, bike? It's possible your expectations need to be recalibrated. Watching WTC riders hop about is not a good example. They could make a marshmallow hop.

Edited by TooFastTim

The original 2003 rear shock didn't have any damping adjustment only spring preload, so yes the 2009 shock will fit and it will be a improvement over what you have now, it also has a damping adjuster screw so you can set the suspension more to how you like it.

Make sure that the 2009 Olle shock is in good condition, slide the bump stop down so you can check the shaft for any wear or pitting, make sure the seal isn't leaking, check both bearings as these can be expensive to replace and check around the top and bottom of the shock for any damage.

Your other option is to get your original shock serviced, the oil will be 8 years old now so it's going to be well past it's best, we can get this done, if this is of interest to you email me

• Like 1

:( How come a 2009 shock will fit a 2003 bike but a 2003 shock will not fit a 2007 bike ????

There is about a 10mm difference in the lengths that came in at some point. Add there may be differences in springs that prevent it from fitting, reguardless of orientation.

Long story made short, why would you?

if i mind right the early shock spring has a bigger diameter,hence will foul the black frame models?.

In '06 or '07 we had to change to another shock on my sons 125. The shock we purchased was of a different length and required a change in the delta link to make the bike standard ride height. Can't remember any other details though....