Bar Risers

Just fitted 35mm bar risers to the Beta. Wow what a transformation, the riding position is great for an old codger like me with short arms. feel alot more confident with most of my weight on the pegs and less on the bars. Far less tiring, can recommend this mod to anyone with a back twinge.

tom,

you can also but bars which have different risers height built in, to avoid fitting risers, jitsie make three or four different bars with rises made into them 3,4,5, inch maybe more just fitted some myself made a big improvement, and cheaper to do....

you can also but bars which have different risers height built in, to avoid fitting risers, jitsie make three or four different bars with rises made into them 3,4,5, inch maybe more just fitted some myself made a big improvement, and cheaper to do....

Des,

i must concur with you, how much are Jitsie bars, i paid 30 quid for the risers. was going to get new bars for the sherpa but would need ape hangers to get over the foot peg height. Ape hangers eh now theres a blast from the past.

Tom,

Des,

i must concur with you, how much are Jitsie bars, i paid 30 quid for the risers. was going to get new bars for the sherpa but would need ape hangers to get over the foot peg height. Ape hangers eh now theres a blast from the past.

Tom,

how much were the risers and where from please?

mucho grassyazz

• 1 month later...

im just looking at some taller bars too.... im not sure how to measure the bars that are already on my bike they apear to be the standard bars that came on the 03 model sherco.... does anyone know what rise they will be...

the tallest ive seen are renthals 6" rise bars.....i may go for these as they are a cheaper option then the fat bar set up....

what sort of rise do the fat bars and their risers give you in comparrison to these standards renthal 6" bars ? more ? or is 6" of rise mahoosive....hahaha

im guessing because im tall, the higher bar lift may take the wieght/pressure off my wrists a little and allow me to ride more upright... ?

will having massively tall bars and being more upright have me at any great dissadvantage where riding balance etc is concerned... i dont want to swap riding comfort for control if that is an issue...

any advice is welcome.....

thanks

If you're looking to lift bars up on a Sherco Chris at Splatshop has the deal of the month for you in 3 ,5 ,or 10mm or you can just keep adding them up.

right, ill take a look buddy......cheers

just did, i think they are for 07 onwards...mines a 03 model......... :(

Edited by myzeneye