evo 2009

mills100

Hi trials pepole out there.i am new to the forum not sure how it works yet. i am looking at buying a 2009 beta evo 250 or 290

i am looking for sum help from you guys out there if there is any problems with that bike or any issus with that bike

thanks Richard

the 2009 beta is known for having cracked frame and swinging arms and snapping of the radiator filler neck the 2010 have solved this problem by moving the neck and stronger welds so the frames don't crack and the 250 is the better option because it will go up all the things the 290 dose and the 290 is a bit snatchy where the 250 is smooth B)

the 2009 beta is known for having cracked frame and swinging arms and snapping of the radiator filler neck the 2010 have solved this problem by moving the neck and stronger welds so the frames don't crack and the 250 is the better option because it will go up all the things the 290 dose and the 290 is a bit snatchy where the 250 is smooth B)

well i have a 2009 had it since xmas (250) top bike no probs with frame only top riders who ride hard course needed to worry about that and any that were going to crack have done so allready as for the swinging arm same . The filler cap seams ok to me personal opinion i think only problem i have i that you have to keep on top of carb keep it clean and a top bike otherwise same as all bikes keep it right and have fun !!!!ps if you get any beta evo take the flywheel cover off after cleaning or trial in water bet you get some water out !! :icon_salut: good luck :guinness:

I have an 09 290 that i bought new. It has the 1st generation frame "gas cap off to the side" and have had no problems with the bike. I think only the pros broke them. If you have a good buy on a 290 its an easy bike to ride. Depending on what you weigh you might need to buy some firmer suspension springs. The suspension is a bit soft on the 09.

I have heard about the frame cracking they said 9 out of 10 bikes crack that car,nt be true. so i might br better off spending a little more money

and gettin a 2010

thanks for you help

I have an 09 290 that i bought new. It has the 1st generation frame "gas cap off to the side" and have had no problems with the bike. I think only the pros broke them. If you have a good buy on a 290 its an easy bike to ride. Depending on what you weigh you might need to buy some firmer suspension springs. The suspension is a bit soft on the 09.

thanks for the informashion :thumbup: