OSSA IN USA

laser1

Apparently, there is no "importer" only two dealers here. I suspect the same arrangement in Canada.

Not sure if this is good or bad, but I suppose that fact basically makes each an importer of sorts. :rolleyes:

It seems perfectly clear to me.

Ossa World in Iowa is the Official US Importer.

Trials Shop and Lewisport are distributors.

According to that web site Mike is not the importer - am I missing something?

OSSA World is the US Importer. The Tryals Shop was selected as a distributor/dealer, as well as the official source for parts and technical information.

Edited by DGShannon

OSSA World is the US Importer. The Tryals Shop was selected as a distributor/dealer, as well as the official source for parts and technical information.

Oh, jeez, I see now I got my glasses on! I thought that was the exporters site till I read the fine print that states "Official US Distributor" which I suppose means "importer".

Well, anyway, best to them, as I hope they get some bikes out there soon! The '11 will be a late arrival at best it seems! :rolleyes:

DG, you need to update the photo to the Ossa (latest version) with conventional forks. (so does Lewisport)

As does the OSSA factory website, and every other OSSA dealer website. Got an official version?

In fact, the factory site still bills the upside-down fork as a key feature, on the main page. Not exactly sure that conventional is a given on the latest version. Just what has been available, maybe...

• 1 month later...

The US finally received it's first batch of 20 OSSA TR280i last week. Mike Komer, at the Tryals Shop, decided to adopt one of them as his new personal ride, finally retiring his trusty 2008 Scorpa. With a few days ride time now on the new mount, Mike reports that he is really impressed with the bike's performance, look, and build quality.

At this time, there are bikes, out of the first batch, still available. Contact the Tryals Shop (www.ossa-usa.com) or Lewisport USA (www.lewisportusa.com).

The US finally received it's first batch of 20 OSSA TR280i last week. Mike Komer, at the Tryals Shop, decided to adopt one of them as his new personal ride, finally retiring his trusty 2008 Scorpa. With a few days ride time now on the new mount, Mike reports that he is really impressed with the bike's performance, look, and build quality.

At this time, there are bikes, out of the first batch, still available. Contact the Tryals Shop (www.ossa-usa.com) or Lewisport USA (www.lewisportusa.com).

With a little over 6 hours and 27 minutes on the bike (based on the feedback diagnostics, to the laptop software) Mike took the bike to the PA Nationals, and proceeded to win the "Senior 55" class on both Saturday and Sunday. Guess that is a pretty good showing for the first outing! Given that the event was a mudfest, Mike reports that the design feature of placing the radiator, fan, and engine behind the downtube gas tank worked great, as all was kept clean and cooling as it should.