footpeg angle

basher

I dont agree with 45deg. I made up a new set of side plates for my TY175 and used the footpegs off my Beta as a guide for new ones I bought later. They ended up something different at and angle nearer to 30deg, as I leveled from the top of the pegs and cantered them forward ever so slightly, and dropped them 1" down. Sorry I never measured the exact angle.

I assume Basher that you intend to fit new pegs on an old bike? I suggest the best way is to buy the pegs firstly and measure the clearances to suit as I did. But if you are going this way from scratch, then you will need a complete set of footpegs with pins and springs etc., as there is one new classic replacement that is complete and just needs welding on. Is that what you are looking at?

Subanator, I am not going to disagree with you as I do not know for sure. I was basing it on how my pegs look, the actual peg looks to be set at about 45 degrees to the mounting plate that attaches to the bike, however, when the plate is then attached to the bike the angle is changed, but that angle is only changed because the plate mounts to the frame at an angle...difficult to express properly in words!

With the bike level on the ground, using a spirit level to give a vertical datum line, the off set of the mounting bracket welded to the frame/hanger is approx 38 degrees. (This is of course a rough measurement as suspension sag, tyre pressures effect the angle of the bracket in relationship to the level floor.)

I hope this helps.

Pete

With the bike level on the ground, using a spirit level to give a vertical datum line, the off set of the mounting bracket welded to the frame/hanger is approx 38 degrees. (This is of course a rough measurement as suspension sag, tyre pressures effect the angle of the bracket in relationship to the level floor.)

I hope this helps.

Pete

thanking you, that helps massively.

and no its for a 2010 sherco. i hate aluminium pegs (come as standard) so am going to make up some stainless ones and eventually when i get some titanium ill get some of them.