TR 280

neo

There is so little participation recorded so far?, It's a bit strange.

:agreed:

as for being biased or unbiased: I'm just a guy who rides every sunday with my buds. I ride a Sherco, my friend who owns the Ossa is a gas gas dealer in our area. He was excited about a newly designed bike and he splurged to be one of the first owners of this fine looking bike. As for clout, I believe Mr. Fracy's brother bought the other bike in our area, maybe he will have some in put too. I gave factual info, my friend is a machinest by trade and he is very picky about his bikes. I gave both positive feedback and some criticism. I would love to see Ossa do well but either way my next bike will still likely be a new Sherco. We ride every sunday and put our bikes through the paces, I look forward to getting to try the 280 as soon as my friend puts the first couple of scratches on it.

I didn't doubt your information for one moment .... Thanks again for sharing that with us :thumbup:

Best of balance.

Neo

I rode it last weekend, and the suspension is good.

Throttle responce is lacking though. It wld not responce/rev like mine 250cc pro. Mapping issue, so probably changeable.

Bikes feels lite and balanced. Hopping no problem, front and rear.

I had to return the bike to the owner, so no more chance to play around bigger obstacles. Did not want to wreck it :blush:

P10 is the latest map and imo everyone should base their motor performance, starting and power opinions on this map if you can. Of course more maps will be coming so it's not a fixed target. What you experience today could change with the next map or eventually what you experience on one particular Ossa would be totally different on another simply due to what map they have loaded or chosen. We have had three improvement maps since February. So, anyone having tried the bike previous to last few weeks needs to check it out again. Or, you can try a bike with the high comp. head which comes with a racing map written specifically for the bike and ECU VIN numbers. That is what is on my bike. As far as any issues, so far this thread has mentioned a few that have been long since resolved by the factory. Product feedback comes from ORT and the importers.

So Borus,

Please tell me can you go back to older Maps if you don't like the new ones?

Where do the MAP files come from? ... the Ossa website?

Is there software available for editing/creating your own MAPs?

Best of balance.

Neo

• Like 1

So Borus,

Please tell me can you go back to older Maps if you don't like the new ones?

Where do the MAP files come from? ... the Ossa website?

Is there software available for editing/creating your own MAPs?

Best of balance.

Neo

You can go back to older maps, some people don't want the power increases.

Ossa factory provides the maps to the importers. Dealers with the correct software and hardware are the only people who can load maps and run diagnosis. Running the diagnosis program on an effected bike is also part of the warranty criteria.

You cannot create your own map.

Dealers with the correct software and hardware are the only people who can load maps and run diagnosis. Running the diagnosis program on an effected bike is also part of the warranty criteria.

Now this is VERY interesting information..... that I don't really like the sound of <_< .... My local dealer is 350Klms away!!,,, not the most convent of journeys just to get a MAP chance. :blink:

Best of balance.

Neo

Now this is VERY interesting information..... that I don't really like the sound of <_< .... My local dealer is 350Klms away!!,,, not the most convent of journeys just to get a MAP chance. :blink:

Best of balance.

Neo

There are ways to deal with that situation but I think you need to talk to your dealer.

neo, i trial every weekend in 2 or 3 centres in the uk. two dealers ride the trials i ride, both using the demo.

ive have never seen a customer bike. dealer one has had bad starting and bad intermittant running, also snappy clutch,with nasty noise. dealer 2 has had primary and gearbox issues , when asked this was a complete cassette change ,as he described . when i asked the problem, he told "we just swapped the whole lot" . so the two i have seen still have issues . the importer cannot give a totally unbiased view. i can supply details of the dealers if required , the tatty green thing on lewisport usa"s site is one! regards

Thanks Andy for speaking up about this and sharing that knowledge with us.

I know there's always a political concerns (shall we say) when we speak up with what we know. But there's no doubt in my mind that manufactures, honest resellers and buyer will all benefit in the long run.

Best of balance.

Neo

Edited by Neo

Thanks Andy for speaking up about this and sharing that knowledge with us.

I know there's always a politic concerns (shall we say) when we speak up with what we know. But there's no doubt in my mind that manufactures, honest resellers and buyer will all benefit in the long run.

Best of balance.

Neo

You could be right..I can't speak for everyone but there is a strong vibe that most people want this Ossa project to succeed.

You could be right..I can't speak for everyone but there is a strong vibe that most people want this Ossa project to succeed.

I'm 100% behind that too. In fact I believe that the other manufactures haven't had enough competition and development has been slow as a result. I think that Ossa are doing us all a BIG favour....so "Go Ossa!!" :thumbup:

Best of balance.

Neo

Best of balance.

Neo

I guess this situation makes Carb. jetting changes seem like less of a hassle than F.I.

EFI automatically adjusts for temperature, altitude. I don't foresee many map changes in the future as Ossa fines tunes the mapping. Dual mapping is coming on the replicas and will probably be there on production bikes.

IMO carburetors will be in the museum in a few years, but I'm biased.