Sticker removal

grahamjayzee

Hi All,

Apologies if this has been done to death...

My poor old 2001 rev3 is getting a freshen up. Never mind all the oily bits, it needs to look nice...

Anyone know a good way to remove the old stickers? I've picked and pulled much of the stickers from the rear mudguard but haven't even started on the tank/ frame stickers. Acetone is making some impact on the remaining gloop, but it's slow going...

Thanks All

Graham

Hi All,

Apologies if this has been done to death...

My poor old 2001 rev3 is getting a freshen up. Never mind all the oily bits, it needs to look nice...

Anyone know a good way to remove the old stickers? I've picked and pulled much of the stickers from the rear mudguard but haven't even started on the tank/ frame stickers. Acetone is making some impact on the remaining gloop, but it's slow going...

Thanks All

Graham

Heat up with Hair dryer or heat gun, And get off what you can.

Then I've used some Glue and Tar remover that my Brother in Law uses for Car valeting.

Absolutley superb stuff, just melts the glue and can be wiped off, without damage to anything underneath.

Google search Tar and Glue remover.

Then I've used some Glue and Tar remover that my Brother in Law uses for Car valeting.

Absolutley superb stuff, just melts the glue and can be wiped off, without damage to anything underneath.

Excellent, thanks Chaps.

So, a tar dryer and some hair remover it is...

:thumbup:

• 2 months later...

That is definitely the best way to do it, Just warm the stickers up with a heat gun & they peel off much easier & to get rid of the glue underneath, Tar remover works a treat!

The last time I removed factory stickers I tried the heat gun method, it left all of the sticky on the bike. I enjoyed much better results pouring a kettle of boiling water over the sticker to be removed, it came away with the glue attached.