CBT

Hey Guys

I am considering riding a few road events this year but currently do not have a bike license. Simple question really can I ride my mont on a CBT or will I need to do a Direct access.

Hopefully its not the latter as its bloody expensive.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Scott

Hey Guys

I am considering riding a few road events this year but currently do not have a bike license. Simple question really can I ride my mont on a CBT or will I need to do a Direct access.

Hopefully its not the latter as its bloody expensive.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Scott

pretty sure you can only ride upto a 125 on cbt with L plates

I managed to do my direct access for a couple of hundred quid after cbt, a couple of lessons to know what they are looking for on the test, then go for it, think it will be worth it in the long run.

I thought that was if you passed your test not just CBT, i'm just goingoff the top of head not looked into it.

No, if you do Direct Access and are over 21 you can leep right on to a 1000cc sports bike, but if you are under 21 you must ride on a restricted bike for two years, though things have changed with mod one and mod two but think the principal is the same.

For example, me, being mid forties, can do a cbt and ride a 1000cc sports bike, as long as it was restricted to 33bhp, thankfully I have a full license so don't need to worry myself :rolleyes:

A good friend of mine is a bike instructor but I can't quite be bothered to call him and get the exact situ on it all, but it's along those lines

Edited by Thedbf

hi, ive just passed my bike test and asked my instructor about this. With just a CBT you can drive a bike equal to or under 33BHP but it has to also be 125cc or under. Its a shame trial bikes cant be ridden on a CBT though, as its cost me just over

no such thing as a stupid question...what is CBT?

CBT = Compulsory basic training

CBT is the test just to allow you on the public road, not a licence

When you have passed the CBT you can ride a bike up-to 125cc with a maximum of 11kW on L plates

To ride anything larger (33kW) you must be accompanied by an approved instructor at all times (on L plates)

Best to do the CBT + Direct access test as a then you can ride anything :thumbup:

Edited by Monty_Jon

Thanks for clearing that up guys.

Looks like the only option is to do Direct Access then. On te bright side be better to do it while i am in my twenties so I do not need to bother when I have a mid life crisis and buy a R1 or another Motogp/WSB derived superbike :hyper:

• 6 months later...