Montesa 348 Electrics

jools

Hi

I am rebuilding a Montesa 348 MRR and I need to fit a killbutton. I have been sent a Yam type, with 2 crimp spade connectors. Can someone please explain how to fit one of these? The bike has the original Motoplat points system - There are 4 wires; the black connects to the coil, the 3 remaining are green, yellow and pink. I understand it will need to be earthed somewhere.

Secondly, I found a thread a while back suggesting to move the condensor under the fuel tank. I have been searching for it a can not find it again. If anyone has done this I would like some more details please.

Much appreciated, Thank you!!

Unless you are running lights forget about all but the black wire. Here is a short article about the condensor from Southwest Montesa.

'Disable the stock condensor on the backing plate. Purchase any good automotive condensor with a ground wire. Mount the new unit under the tank or in the open (I use a small hose clamp on the frame backbone) run the ground wire to the coil mounting bolt. Splice the condensor's main wire into the hot wire coming out of the coil.'

Splice the kill button into the same hot (black) wire coming out of the coil.