lingo75

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts
  • Bike:MontesaBeamishCub
  • Club:North Hants. Thames

Posted 04 May 2011 - 10:15 AM

Hi all, i have a 1981 black engine model and am upgrading it a bit, new shocks, footrests, chain and sprockets etc. I want to get rid of the original 'Cow horn' bars. They have a massive rise on them, my question is what sort of rise should i go for on some renthals. I am tall at 6,3...

any advice greatfully accepted and see you at fort william on Friday if you are there!!

Dan
Dan Campling
North Hants Club
Thames Club

Ads By Google User is online

Ads By Google
  • Ad Bots

Don't want these Ads? Why not help support TC and sign up as a Trials Central Supporter?

#2 beamish owners club

beamish owners club

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts
  • Bike:RL325 outfit plus
  • Club:Worthing, Normandy and Horsham & District

Posted 05 May 2011 - 06:50 AM

Hello Dan, I believe the original bars had a rise of 6 or 6.5". You will struggle to get Renthals over 5.5" unless you can find new old stock somewhere.
Cheers,

Jim

#3 b40rt

b40rt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,900 posts
  • Club:Foot.....Dalmellington, Edinburgh St Dode

Posted 05 May 2011 - 06:16 PM

http://www.trialsbit...products_id=291
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience. Mark Twain

#4 beamish owners club

beamish owners club

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts
  • Bike:RL325 outfit plus
  • Club:Worthing, Normandy and Horsham & District

Posted 06 May 2011 - 06:35 AM

What you could also consider is modifying the top yoke to take bar risers and overcome the 'tiller' steering (where the bars are mounted behind the axis of the sterring stem) at the same time. I had one recently where the original mounts had been milled off and renthal bolt on mounts from a GasGas Pro had been fitted, this modification would also allow you to use bar riser plates.
Cheers,

Jim

#5 lingo75

lingo75

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts
  • Bike:MontesaBeamishCub
  • Club:North Hants. Thames

Posted 11 May 2011 - 08:42 PM

What you could also consider is modifying the top yoke to take bar risers and overcome the 'tiller' steering (where the bars are mounted behind the axis of the sterring stem) at the same time. I had one recently where the original mounts had been milled off and renthal bolt on mounts from a GasGas Pro had been fitted, this modification would also allow you to use bar riser plates.

cor that sounds interesting! thanks all for the feed back, i must admit i would like to loose the tiller steering
Dan Campling
North Hants Club
Thames Club

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users