Head Spacer

drake

I have seen these , but totally unsure whom may have tried them or the results. I have no idea who the fellow is that is making them either. Cost is minimal, though.

In theory, this design should work, with a bit of a messy install requireing the high temp sealer on one side that would need to be applied very thin but consistantly on clean surface. The only thing here in question is the fact he does not mention the thickness of it, suppose one might inquire.

It is also easier than stacking base gaskets, which I generally refrain from anyway. :rolleyes:

Seems like a good idea ( in principal) and easier than whipping off the barrel, for extra base gaskets. Not that i'm thinking of doing either, I just wondered as I hadn't seen one before.

Thanks for replying by the way :icon_salut:

Ok i know a little about these...

The guy who sells them is Steve Tabb and rides down here in cornwall.

I have rode a 09 290cc with one fitted and it does calm the power down quite alot. The lads bike it was, is a novice rider and seems to do alright.

I also ride a 09 290cc , but the only thing i have done is retard the ingition timing a little and think this is all the 290cc bikes need.(once set up well)

Gas Gas do the same head spacer for the Pro engines and i had one fitted on a 05 250cc which made the bike very soft and docile.Made it grip better in the mud and was alot easy to ride.

They are easy to fit with a little sealer on both side,but you do have to take off any sharp edges which might be left for mechineing.Bit of wet and dry paper works well.

For the money they are a cheap way of calming the bike down and if you don't like the way it rides after installing,not a big job to take out. :thumbup:

Ok i know a little about these...

The guy who sells them is Steve Tabb and rides down here in cornwall.

I have rode a 09 290cc with one fitted and it does calm the power down quite alot. The lads bike it was, is a novice rider and seems to do alright.

I also ride a 09 290cc , but the only thing i have done is retard the ingition timing a little and think this is all the 290cc bikes need.(once set up well)

Gas Gas do the same head spacer for the Pro engines and i had one fitted on a 05 250cc which made the bike very soft and docile.Made it grip better in the mud and was alot easy to ride.

They are easy to fit with a little sealer on both side,but you do have to take off any sharp edges which might be left for mechineing.Bit of wet and dry paper works well.

For the money they are a cheap way of calming the bike down and if you don't like the way it rides after installing,not a big job to take out. :thumbup:

Thanks for that