Only big and small bikes available

howardlumsden

I am getting back into trials after riding a little bit as a youth. I have read all the 'best newb bike' posts here. Ideally I would like a 200 or 250. In my price range there are very few of those available. The majority are 125's or 270-300's. I am fairly light at 144lbs (9.5 stones?) and 5'10". Also I am wayyy to old to worry about being required to ride a 125 :)

What do you think? 125 or larger CC bike?

Thanks for the input!

Actually, is seems to me that most 125's are just fun to ride. They don't have the big torque of the larger bikes, but on the other hand they are gentile and will go most anywhere if you rev them. It seems the Beta and Sherco have a bit more pull off the bottom than the Gassers for the most part. Yet the Gasser seems to win on the top end. Good fun them things! Some prefer them to a larger bike.

theres a mate of mine with a 125 gas gas and its a blast to ride, my father (63) loves it and grabs it whenever he is over here, if its in my shed at all i jump on it for messin rather than my 250 mont! i've got first refusal on it if he ever decides to sell!

I am a newbie and just got a bigger cc bike (290 sherco... is actually a 272cc) and I would definitely give it a positive review... I love this thing!!!

The extra grunt gets me both into and out of trouble.

(I am a fair sized guy though 6' and 200lbs so this might affect my perception of the bigger cc bikes)