My second tl 320 1982

reginald

Here is number 2.

http://www.trials.com.au/forum/download/file.php?id=6438

Some differences from number 1. -

Different triple clamps [like Bullys]. Different side covers. Only one shock mount position on number 2.

Things to fix - find a decomp.; clutch cable knackered and other clutch ease of use mods; find a flywheel cover protector; and get two kick starter stops to protect cases for no. 1 and no. 2; new side covers, seat and rear fender; modify the enduro bend kicker supplied with it to get it fitting against the frame when not being used.

• 7 months later...

posting on your own post - is this like talking to yourself?

From above all done but both engines need cases spilt - No.2 for gear stuck reported else where.

No.1 - sucking air into crank - also reported elsewhere.

In terms of the clutch fix - extended actuating arm in case 5-6mm, new cable and domino lever; lighter yes but obviously more travel and can't get clutch fully disengaged without going all the way into bar - will try magura and then amal both have closer pivot distances.

My local bike mechanic did a great job on the enduro kicker, actuating arm and case repair and it looks stock. He also rebuilt my bent stand.

Not worrying about decomp for no. 2 as hole has been welded up. If I come across another head may bother. Biggest advantage is easier kick starting for my 14year old daughter to ride it.

My no.2 had betors which i assumed had 50lb springs but i think they were falcon 40lbs. No. 2 only has one mounting position which is further back than the forward mount option on no.1. They may have appeared stiffer due to less angle. Whichever the not quite right springs lost their bottom collars while riding. The reason I raise this as a novice I dont think going harder is a priority until you know "i go harder". With that said trying some 50lbs on the forward mount is next.

posting on your own post - is this like talking to yourself?

From above all done but both engines need cases spilt - No.2 for gear stuck reported else where.

No.1 - sucking air into crank - also reported elsewhere.

I'll talk to you !

We are in the process of stripping the engine, can't get it to run. The small and big ends are gone, needs a rebore and it looks like someone has chiselled it apart at some point in its life !

I can't find anyone to do the rebuild, so have decided to buy some pullers and tools and have a go and would be interested to ask how you are going to deal with your two ?

I'll talk to you !

We are in the process of stripping the engine, can't get it to run. The small and big ends are gone, needs a rebore and it looks like someone has chiselled it apart at some point in its life !

I can't find anyone to do the rebuild, so have decided to buy some pullers and tools and have a go and would be interested to ask how you are going to deal with your two ?

Have you spoken to Peter Knight & Martin Matthews re re-build ?

Edited by B40RT

@Taff4 - actually cash is an issue so the second one would be good to have go. The gearbox scares the crap out me tho'. But Peter does supply new shafts which is great news. TLs are pretty rare here. Is Brigend in Scotland?

We (that's the Royal we - my Son) has spent quite a lot so far and we still have some way to go, I think we are up to