200 vs 290 technique?

I just switched from a 290 to a 200 and like it everywhere except for big steps. I suspect that the technique is different but could use some input. The obstacles are about 4' tall granite with a little bit of slope. They are either tall enough or maybe the slope is enough that you do not have to worry about hitting the bash plate. On the 290, I could approach at a walking speed, hit the step part way up with the front wheel, use a fair amount of throttle until the back wheel hit, chop the throttle and let the flywheel pull me up. The 200 has less initial punch when the front wheel hits the step and lacks the flywheel to just pull the bike up. Staying on the throttle gives the sensation of flipping over backwards. Engine response is really sweet on the 200 so I don't think a flywheel weight would be an adequate solution.

Try a quick action throttle. I thought the same about my 200 Rev3, The other week i caught myself saying "I better stick it in 3rd to calm it down abit".

never thought for one minute I would have said that about a 200, it's an 06 I bought from new and I have only just changed the throttle. Just wish I had done it sooner.

• 2 weeks later...