french 4 day

croz

Hi,

Anyone got Post code/Area code for the Venue?

For satnav.

Thanks.

If it's any help its south out of Gueret..supermarket on left as you climb out of town heading for Sardent is good for basic supplies..hope it cools down a bit by thursday next..its 40 deg here today.

Just to add, all bikes in the trial are scrutinised and require the following to be on the bike: lights front and back, handle bar pad, kill switch, all levers to have safe(balled) ends.

regards

Leigh

Just a thought ; the traders of the village put on a barbecue in village square with all profits to village funds (as I understand it) you can get a cutlette of beef or pork with chips etc c.1o euros...personally not mad about it but it is "politic" to patronize the village (spend some dosh there). Is anybody else from Uk going to do the 3 days of Haut Vosges! fortnight later..I'm told its a better trial with some interesting/tough interzone, and of course it should be a lot cooler in the "mountains". A bientot

Just to add, all bikes in the trial are scrutinised and require the following to be on the bike: lights front and back, handle bar pad, kill switch, all levers to have safe(balled) ends.

regards

Leigh

Do the lights have to work?

Do the lights have to work?

We've only ever had front lights, they check these when they scrutineer on the first day and they do have to work, think its a french legal requirement to have lights. I know a couple of tw@ts were p****d up doing wheelies past coppers last year with no light so whether there will be a higher police presence this year i don't know, it wouldnt surprise me. Don't remember them ever making much of a fuss about back lights, my bikes never had back lights in three years doing the trial and I've always been fine, touch wood. Hope this helps.

Don t you just love em..Lights on a trials bike....

Also I am sure you will find, that all bikes ridden have to be insured as well. Riding along Chemin rurals (Bridalpaths) you have to be covered, as these are technically the same as roads if you have an accident.

Whether they check this I dont know, but you will see most of the French bikes will have a green insurance sticker and they will of course have a registration number.

Also be very aware driving to and from Sardent, as like all of France they are starting to take down the speed camera warning signs and they are more and more mobile speed traps. The village sigh denotes the start of a 50 km speed limit until you exit the village and and normal N roads are 90 unless otherwise indicated.

Sorry to sound like your dad... but it be aware..

Have a great trial and a great time...

Don t you just love em..Lights on a trials bike....

Also I am sure you will find, that all bikes ridden have to be insured as well. Riding along Chemin rurals (Bridalpaths) you have to be covered, as these are technically the same as roads if you have an accident.

Whether they check this I dont know, but you will see most of the French bikes will have a green insurance sticker and they will of course have a registration number.

Also be very aware driving to and from Sardent, as like all of France they are starting to take down the speed camera warning signs and they are more and more mobile speed traps. The village sigh denotes the start of a 50 km speed limit until you exit the village and and normal N roads are 90 unless otherwise indicated.

Sorry to sound like your dad... but it be aware..

Have a great trial and a great time...

They always check insurance docs.