Largest exposure. EVER

city trials

According to Arbiton ratings, with 12.85 million viewers per-week for America's Got Talent, Pat and Phil have given the motorcycle without a seat it's largest audence the bike has ever seen. Amazing numbers. The guys are now in Hollywood and will perform again July 19.

I have watched the coverage and see one issue. There has been no reference to the sport itself. The general population is not making the connection to the intended purpose and use of these bikes. The bikes are being presented (by the judges and host) as "stunt bikes" not competition trials bikes. Hopefully the Hollywood coverage will have some background documentary showing Pat in action at a National or some other trials event.

I have watched the coverage and see one issue. There has been no reference to the sport itself. The general population is not making the connection to the intended purpose and use of these bikes. The bikes are being presented (by the judges and host) as "stunt bikes" not competition trials bikes. Hopefully the Hollywood coverage will have some background documentary showing Pat in action at a National or some other trials event.

Good point.

The other thing to consider is, thats 12.85 million couch potatos. :popcorn:

Agreed. The connection to the sport of "Trials" has not been made yet, so no benefit there. If they eventually do make the connection, the dramatic nature of what will be seen on TV will most likely turn off the average Joe, as they will rightly deduce that what they have just seen is way outside the realm of what they could learn to do.

I have watched the coverage and see one issue. Hopefully the Hollywood coverage will have some background documentary showing Pat in action at a National or some other trials event.

I haven't seen it nor interested in this sort of tv, but I wouldn't hold your breath as the audience will be on to the next "big thing" soon, their appetite is not for the sport in any shape or form, they probably don't even know it exists same goes for the shows organisers if they are referring to the bikes as stunt bikes. Clueless... :rolleyes:

I think you guys need to take a larger view. Open your minds a little.

Why can't it be a Stunt bike, Freestyle bike, Trick bike? Why does someone who buys a Trials bike HAVE TO use it only as a Trials Competition bike?

Does every MX or Enduro bike HAVE TO be used for competition only? What about bicycles? Does everyone that buys one have to enter the Tour de France?

Look at kids on skateboards, free to do what they want. Imagine the reception an old putz would get if he came up and told them how to use it and imposed some rules on them?.

Let them get get interested by what the bike can do and the fun they can have with it. They will find their way to the organized part of the sport if they want to.

Edited by for artie

A few years ago Kieth Wienland and Chris Florin were on Masters of Champions on ABC and did a show of trials riding with actual obstacles on stage, and they had clips of them riding trials!

I have a video of the program somewhere in my collection, it was wild. Both riders are great showmen.

Jon

The AGT website says Pat has won three American endurocross championships. No mention of trials.

Thats a shame. I hope they rectify that if they get a chance - At least on the blog. Im sure RYP would be greatfull for some press as well.

At least on the blog. Im sure RYP would be greatfull for some press as well.

They have to cover all sponsor and/or brand identification. Notice on Pat's S3 gear all the S3 is covered up and Sherco is taken off their bikes.