gas gas 125 randonne tuning tips

nickrhinos

got a Randonne 125 as demo bike. I have played with it and done some pretty basic things to get it to rev and pull well. Gearing 9 front sprocket, 8 rear, valve clearances adjusted, removed egr system, air filter box mods,re-routed fuel pipe location and added filter, needle adjustments, earth out neutral switch ,restrictor in rear box removed. It pulls me (16 stone) up some big hills. See pics on my website. PAUL

Hi Raga , I have changed sprockets [ 10 @ 48 ] removed E.G.R. fitted fuel filter , earthed neutral and removed restrictor,would appreciate info on valve clearance, air filter box and needle adjustment mods , Nick

Edited by nickrhinos

Where can I buy one of these in New England, USA, are the road legal? How much are they?

Best get in contact with the US GasGas importer, but I'm not sure it's a current model in the US yet?

However, if it is going to be, then I for sure will be buying one next year for use out there!

Yes, it is a fully road-legal model in the Europe:

gasgas_randonne_04_795x530.jpg

In the UK, the Randonee costs £2999... however, traditionally you guys pay dollars for pounds, so I doubt it's going to be much more than whatever the price of their small capacity trials bikes are? (The rookie 70 is the same price in the UK)

Jx

Edited by JMo

• 3 weeks later...

• 6 years later...

Hi Paul. I am interested to read that you re-routed the fuel pipe on your Randonne. As you know the standard routing is up and over the head, which is asking a lot of gravity and mine certainly seems to struggle to keep up with the carbs thirst for fuel.

Any tips and how you have routed it now?

Cheers

Geoff

Edited by Geoff T
Missed a word out!

• 4 years later...

I’ve just bought one of these fabulous machines 😁

can someone explain the shorting out neutral mod and what airbox restrictions are there and which way to re route fuel line please and does anybody know easiest way to de cat the bike all help appreciated 

thanks Phil.