T C - When's the For Sale & Wated Section coming back?

johnnyboxer

When is it coming back and why can't it be just another section on the Forum, with access to TC subscribed members only?

On most other Forums it's just another sunbsection, with either free access or restricted access to subscribed members only

Can anyone shed any light on it?

without intending to sound rude, it will be back when I'm happy with the replacement. It *is* being worked on, but I have a full-time job over and above TC and there is only me to work on this stuff. I work with computers all day so the last thing I want to do is spend all my free time plonked in front of one!

The Classifieds have been totally separate from the forums from the beginning and I want them to stay that way. Aside from that, I've spent a considerable sum on the replacement package, it's just a question of finding the time to finish the customisation and iron out several bugs that currently exist. I'm not in a position to put any time frame on that, but it will be as soon as possible.

Thanks for the update Andy.

I know you're a busy man and that this is a free service, but I think it's a reasonable question. Many of us are acquisitionists, and a daily browse through what's for sale is a highlight for us. We need our top up of spending opportunities!

Graham

without intending to sound rude, it will be back when I'm happy with the replacement. It *is* being worked on, but I have a full-time job over and above TC and there is only me to work on this stuff. I work with computers all day so the last thing I want to do is spend all my free time plonked in front of one!

The Classifieds have been totally separate from the forums from the beginning and I want them to stay that way. Aside from that, I've spent a considerable sum on the replacement package, it's just a question of finding the time to finish the customisation and iron out several bugs that currently exist. I'm not in a position to put any time frame on that, but it will be as soon as possible.

Thanks for that, Andy

Being self employed, I fully understand

However I'd like to understand your rationale to have it on the front page (free to all) and not within the forum

Surely if the FS&W was within the Forum, it would create more value to to TC, keep out any security concerns by being protected and stop any undesirables maybe using it for free and maybe scamming genuine trials enthusiasts

If it was within the Forum, access could be limited to TC Forum Sunscribers, thus creating potentially more revenue to support the running of TC to all and the auduence would more than likely be committed Trialsters

I would sunscribe if this was the case

Just a thought :icon_salut:

Edited by Johnnyboxer

• 2 weeks later...

I'm pleased to say it shouldn't be much longer before the Classifieds make a return, though it's been a bit of a nightmare :(

The package I bought cost me several hundred dollars. I reckon I've spent between 20 and 30 hours customising/skinning it to meet TC needs. During that time I found some bugs and pretty key parts of the system that didn't work as they should so logged support calls with the providers. They've not once even acknowledged me despite numerous attempts to contact them so I currently have a PayPal dispute open to get my money back. :rolleyes:

I've subsequently bought another package (after checking it has decent support this time!), but have had to start the customisation part all over again, hence what has taken so long :( However, the new system is nice, easy to use and has a number of new features ;)