Which clutch plates?

tomf

Hi I have a 98 315r and am thinking of changing the clutch plates due to the drag and snap of the clutch.Can someone give me some advise on which plates to use, I have read that mitani are best but also the plates from a cr250 are v good also. Theres quite a selection out there and I dont want to get the wrong ones. Also while I have the casing off is there anything else I should replace, seals,bearings,springs,ect.

Thanks tom

Hi I have a 98 315r and am thinking of changing the clutch plates due to the drag and snap of the clutch.Can someone give me some advise on which plates to use, I have read that mitani are best but also the plates from a cr250 are v good also. Theres quite a selection out there and I dont want to get the wrong ones. Also while I have the casing off is there anything else I should replace, seals,bearings,springs,ect.

Thanks tom

Hi Tom, I have a 2001 315R with the same problem. I purchased a set of clutch plates from BVM Moto and the ELF oil

These are CR250 plates. I've just fitted these and the difference is amazing no drag whatsoever.

However the new plates are slighty thicker and they foul on the casting when operating the clutch.

I got round this by adjusting the free play on the master cylinder to reduce the stroke of the piston.

Do this with the engine running.

Its a simple job...drain oil, remove 4 bolts on the cover, 6 bolts and springs, remove plates, I oiled the new plates

before fitting.

I've fitted my a few days ago and its made a big difference, but time will tell....

Hope this helps

Steve