Column 209 - The Sport You Can

Andy

rapley_header_media.png

Just been checking out the venue for the 2012 French Round of the World Trials Championship which is scheduled for April 28/29. It is due to be held at La Bresse, in eastern France, which is about 400 miles from Zeebrugge, with the village situated between St Die des Vosges and Belfort.

La Bresse is a very attractive Alpine/Swiss style village, with very big hills each side of the valley and the venue planned for the trial is about halfway up the eastern hillside. It

spot on comments about the Ilkley clubs trial cannot falter the organisation best manned trial out there but the length combined with punch cards meant id didnt get back to the finish till 5pm and i was nt hanging about. Although the SM series is now heavily favoured by the twin shockers as you said 30 odd miles on a 50 yr old two stroke is no easy day out riding. certainly the ilkley event includes an excellent 'green lane' out over fountains earth. this loop though could be cut ( with no loss of sections) and cut the mileage by about 6 miles..

La Bresse is a superb venue for trials. Hosted both world round and TdN.

Pretty village with good food and excellent Alsace wines about 6 hours max from Calais.

Nearest airports, Strasbourg and Mulhouse.

Should be a good 'un as Roger certainly knows how to get the best out of his land.

Was at La Bresse week after you for a few days practice prior to the Haut Vosges trial (25 K south east at Vagny), the guy whoruns it Ms Toussaint and his family Janet (wife ) and Thomas the son are so knowledgable and enthusiastic..we went with Thomas and tried the mount impossible on our trials bikes ..first bit ok but the bombhole before the last bit arghhhhhh. Excellent wellcome good camping and above all 8 euros a day to ride with p.washer thrown in at end of the day.

first time I have been compelled to put pen to paper (ok finger to keyboard) re this column but have to agree totally with comment about keeping traditional trials (pre 65 and twinshock) off road and a reasonable lap length, I have just about finished a rebuild on a twinshock and looking round for good trials to enter this year and next it seems to me that a lot of the better ones do use the roads, this would then mean I have to re register my bike (new frame) with all the messing about that incurs plus insure it and tax it and mot it ! just to ride trials, it certainly wont ever go down the road for anything else (unlike my modern bikes that have been used (mostly in I.O.M.) for trips to shops etc), I do hope I get to ride in plenty of trials on my twinshock next year but I have my doubts.