Upgrading your shock !

cabby

Agreed. Would obviously depend on the shock you have and the age/condition it is in.

However, Generally I'd say yes you'd definitely notice a good shock.

As an example when I moved from a standard Gas Gas to the Raga rep I could not believe the difference that the Ohlins made it was SO much better than the standard shock.

Before the Ohlins I thought the standard GG shock was fine but upon riding the Ohlins I realised how much difference a, good shock can make.

If you have the money I'd definitely recommend an Ohlins, they are a lot more tuneable/serviceable than a standard shock plus you can swap it over for standard when you sell bike and swap onto new bike etc

The Ohlins tends to be "compliant" allowing the back end to move in a smoother manner. As such the Sachs tends to feel a bit "digital" moving in a series of movements rather than one. As a suspension guy said ir means the power you put though the back wheel is more usable as the wheel hugs the ground better.

I'd expect the Reiger to be similar to an Ohlins but in a smaller lighter package, hence the extra expense.

depends on your weight aswell you can get an aftermarket shock set up to your wieght.because all standard shocks are setup for joe average.so if ur lighter or heavier you can get the shock with lighter or heavier spring and valved different.

It will be the single biggest improvement you can make to the bike!

You will get better "feel" of the ground below you and, you will get better traction (if it is properly set up - so don't bosh one on and think that is the end), the bike could ride a little higher because it is not blowing through it's travel.

People have been raving on about the traction the new Ossa gets......... it is the Ohlins TTX shock!