Majesty/Whitehawk 175/200

spawtydawg

Do you really mean a well-sorted TY175 or do you mean a well-modified and well sorted TY175? With suitable mods to the frame and swingarm, a TY175 can be made to handle and steer very well and quite similarly to a Godden Majesty 175 but a standard frame TY175 is not in the same ballpark.

Don't know about Whitehawk having never ridden one. Mini Majesty 175 is very good to ride, also much better than a TY175, but too small for larger riders.

Edited by feetupfun

Lengthening the wheelbase and steepening the steering head angle are the two biggies for the TY175. I modified a TY175 to match the wheelbase and steering head angle of my Godden Majesty and fitted TY250 forks. It is a dream to ride now.

• 4 months later...

hello

have you got any pictures of the mods or a descriptionof the mods to the frame and the swing arm

i have a spare frame and want to start with mild mods and then go as far as i can using all modern bike ideas

thanks

peter

To make the head angle steeper, I lengthened the frame backbone 25mm and made a bend in the front tubes at the motor mount

To lengthen the swingarm, I extended the axle plates 45mm

Mine actually looks quite standard unless you look closely, which was my intention

If you send me your email via PM I will send you photos of a TY175-based bike that you would probably be interested in seeing for ideas for your "far as I can" bike

• 1 month later...

Saw this at Telford, a well sorted std framed bike.

tf12015.jpg

Yup I saw this too. Had a good chat to Ian about all the mods he'd done to it and he

says it rides really well. One of the biggest improvements he thinks is altering the

handle bar position on the top triple clamp. Bike looks fantastic as well in my opinion,

could well be doing a similar job to mine.

Hi, I have ridden Feetup funs bike and myself and another riding buddy rate it highly. It easily rides as good as a majesty and or my SWM in my opinion. Especially at my skill level.

Ive seen the axle extenders for sale on e bay recently.

My experience on the standard TY is that they are flighty when going uphill and a tendency to push the front wheel.

Well done to whoever built that yellow TY ...very nice!!