Beta rev 50 noise

tgh30

Hi all,

I have just got my liitle lad a beta rev 50, 2003 (manual clutch). It's a smashing bike, great nick and my liitle lad rides it superb. My problem is it is so noisy!!!!!! It sounds like a crosser. It is so bad the our next door neighbour walked the 500 yds down to our small holding to complain about the noise!

I have had the back box off but the packing is like new. How can I quiet it down? I am presuming there would be a little bit if packing in the centre section of the the exhaust but this would mean splitting the weld to find out.

Has anybody got any ideas? He rode with his mate last night who has a 2007 gas gas and that is so quiet in comparison.

Any help is appreiciated, Thanks

Tim

Tim

my son has a beta rev 80 and its not quiet, but nothing like you describe. His noise level is more like a road 2 stoke or just slightly more.

couple of pointers.

---over time silencer wadding gets clogged with oil / carbon and silencing becomes severely impaired.

---compression ratio of the bike affects noise severely.

---Make sure someone hasnt "pepped it up" with no base gasket or a domed piston.

---is the system blowing or cracked anywhere?

---Cant be sure about the rev 50, but from what i've seen i dont think the centre section is a silencer.

---i used Apico silencer packing....excellent,easy to use.

Dom

From memory, the only time these bikes were really noisy was when the weld broke on the main pipe next to the barrel, seem to remember it was a regular fault. They also required regular repacking of the silencer as oil up quickly, hope this helps.