Rev Long Range Tank / Seat unit

stig

Just mounted one to a 2011 4t. Fuel line uses T-fitting in the middle of the original fuel line. Bracket that comes off the seat mounts to the air box bracket with a dished washer and longer bolt. The front of the tank has two stand off studs and uses a long o-ring to loop under the front of the fuel tank and back to the stand off studs. Mine come with a o-ring that was way to short to even be used. should be close to what you have.

Just mounted one to a 2011 4t. Fuel line uses T-fitting in the middle of the original fuel line. Bracket that comes off the seat mounts to the air box bracket with a dished washer and longer bolt. The front of the tank has two stand off studs and uses a long o-ring to loop under the front of the fuel tank and back to the stand off studs. Mine come with a o-ring that was way to short to even be used. should be close to what you have.

Thanks for the info. It sounds like a similar setup even though yours was for an Evo I guess and mine's for a Rev.

The front I get, you bolt the 'loop' to the front of the tank, then use the long gas cap to attach it to the original tank (the original gas cap then gets used on the long range tank). It's the fittings at the rear under the seat (with the exception of the sides) that are a bit of a mystery?

There are 3 captive nuts under the tank at the rear which must attach to something in the airbox area? I managed to find a description on trialsnuts which talked about a long top shock bolt and an extended airbox mounting bolt which have captive threads in them. I have a couple of bits in the packet of bolts that appear to fit this description, but no real idea of how they are fitted (worth mentioning that I haven't had the bike in bits yet).

Unfortunately, the factory is closed for August and Lampkins don't have any instructions readily available.

I don't suppose there's any chance of taking a shot or scanning the instructions you used and sending them to me (or post here)?

Thanks again for your help!!!

I'll be sure to post a 'how to' guide to save others the hasssle :)