350-18 Tyre?

raygrilli

I have an old Aprilia 50cc trials bike from the early 80s that I need to find a rear tyre for. The bike has been in Italy for the last 25years - we used to ride it whist on holidays there - and I'm bringing it over to England to give it the maintenance it has long been needing. The original tyre was removed a few years ago because it split and is now lost, so I don't know the size of it. The tyre fitted at the moment is a 3.00-18 trail type tyre which is rubbish, so I need to find a new tyre for the bike.

I've had a search and can't seem to find any details about tyres that aren't 4.00-18, as fitted to adult sized bikes, but I think these will be too wide to fit within the swingarm; so can anyone shed any light on a proper trials tyre that may be available in the UK that is narrower than 4.00-18 but wider than 3.00-18?

Thanks,

Ray

Thanks for that - looks like what I'll be needing.

Looking at your avatar, the Aprilia 50 is the same as your Fantic 50, but with a different tank and seat. Is it possible to get parts for these bikes still - if so, where do you get them from?

Also, we've been thinking of putting an oversized barrel kit on it for years as it's not very powerful at all. I've searched the net but can only find a Swedish (?) company that does 70cc kits, but they are very expensive.

Thanks,

Ray