Any of you guys got a Beta long range tank/seat?

stig

Hi guys,

Knowing that our US (and Canadian) counterparts tend to use their bikes for longer trips, I was hoping a post here might generate some useful replies!

Basically, I managed to get hold of the Beta long range tanks/seat unit for my '07 Rev 3 4T - but no fitting instructions.

If anyone has fitted such a thing to their bike, or even better has the fitting instructions, a walkthrough of how it goes on would be much appreciated. The Beta factory is closed for the whole of August, so I'm left a bit stumped for now.

Thanks

Here in Uk we take a rucksack and carry tools n extra fuel and food, then drop off n ride with less weight to haul aroundin sections. I cant see the point of the extra fuel tank and never seen one only Gasser larger tanks. Out of interest how much do they hold and do they impeed seat height.

Here in Uk we take a rucksack and carry tools n extra fuel and food, then drop off n ride with less weight to haul aroundin sections. I cant see the point of the extra fuel tank and never seen one only Gasser larger tanks. Out of interest how much do they hold and do they impeed seat height.

I am in the UK :)

Thing is, my bike is road registered and it's more convenient to ride to the local practice areas than to take the bike there on the bike rack. I'm sure you'll agree that carrying fuel in a tank made for the purpose is a hell of a lot safer than having it on your back in this regard.

The Beta tank holds a further 4 litres of fuel and has a decent seat. Once fitted, you can remove it in very short order (2 mins or so), but riding with it empty feels much the same as the stock bike apparently.

Here's a pic: betaseat.jpg