Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
leeross

the ultimate pre65 machine

24 posts in this topic

2011 James

Period aluminium swing arms are a bit late arriving so wont be available till January 1965. Bother :chairfall:

trick james or cub for those who like 4strokes (me :P)

bsa can go very well but it is not easy to build one that's really good and they are heavier than a cub or a james

best regards bob

A knackered HT5 Ariel :rotfl: But actually if it was a gift to me, I would go for a rigid AJS/Matchbox - not fully tricked up.One day..........

The ultimate PRE 65 bike is one made prior to 1965 !! Not one constructed last week using materials and components that were not even around ten years ago let alone 45 years ago !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The ultimate PRE 65 bike is one made prior to 1965 !! Not one constructed last week using materials and components that were not even around ten years ago let alone 45 years ago !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

looks like somebody touched a nerve?

Was titanium only in existence after 1964 then? I seem to remember lightweight tubing a la Reynolds 531 etc also available but obviously i am mistaken ?

Hi Guy's

Looks like this thread has been put into the wrong catigory?

Should it not have been posted in "Twinshock"?

As It seems like you guys are talking about "Britshock" machines and not bikes built before January 1965.

I think the time has come for people owning "proper" pre 65 bikes. to have events organised for them , very simular to the "Colmore Revisitation" event, a realy good day out for us Oldies, on old bikes with one or two old type long lane sections throw in for a bit of reality. Anyone interested in such an event, contact me. :icon_salut: :icon_salut: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Regards Charlie.