WTC Japan many riders on Yamaha's

dombush

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is all fine, but will Yamaha continue by itself with this bike and try to commercialize it or will the rider contracts end at the end of the year? I would love a new Yamaha quality modern 4s bike. I've an incredible positive experience with my old tyz.

Cheers, Fons.

That is all fine, but will Yamaha continue by itself with this bike and try to commercialize it or will the rider contracts end at the end of the year? I would love a new Yamaha quality modern 4s bike. I've an incredible positive experience with my old tyz.

Cheers, Fons.

I have no idea but logic says that yamaha will never produce a trials bike ever again.

I did have a conversation albeit secondhand that half the reason Scorpa was in difficulty in the first place was the very high unit cost of the old TYZ unit.

Again logic dictates and you surely dont have to be an insider at yamaha that even with the tooling the cost to set up a production run of say 1000 units (very optomistic anyway)would make it inhibitive, and thats for a big out of date lump.

This is why I think that the honda and yamaha engines are based on current production motors?

Have you ever been to cahors?

"I've been everywhere man" Johnny Cash

What are Yamaha's plans for trials? Who knows? Kenichi is riding Japanese championship on the big Yamaha and doing demos in the Far East (Vietnam, Taiwan, Philippines) on the little Yamaha.

If you look at the Japan Championship Kuroyama hasnt much competition, he is only 31ish and was a mile above any of the other riders riding in that championship at world level.

Can 4 stroke scorpas be bought in Japan?

I do look at the Japanese Championship.....Kuroyama was beat by Ogawa in 2010 Japanese Championship

Have you ever been to Japan?

"I've been everywhere man" Johnny Cash

What are Yamaha's plans for trials? Who knows? Kenichi is riding Japanese championship on the big Yamaha and doing demos in the Far East (Vietnam, Taiwan, Philippines) on the little Yamaha.

No one knows but as any buisness has to make money they wont be producing a competitive bike any time soon.

No one knows but as any buisness has to make money they wont be producing a competitive bike any time soon.

Yamaha has been a Trial Bike manufacture since the mid 70's with maybe a brief gap between the TY 250 and the Monoshock (which was pretty much a surprise when it came out)

Like Honda, the number of Trials Bikes produced by Yamaha don't seem to justify their existance from a $ standpoint. But for whatever reason, I think Yamaha is in it for the longhaul and this new bike of Kenichi's will find its way to production. Hopefully they won't be $10,000.

Makes me think back when we were all riding our Fantic and other twin shocks of the early eighties, out of the blue came this Yam mono that went on to be probably the best selling clubmans bike ever.

I think it only won one world championship round, a french rider on his home turf with a big ? about him getting a bit of sly practice in.

Yamaha has been a Trial Bike manufacture since the mid 70's with maybe a brief gap between the TY 250 and the Monoshock (which was pretty much a surprise when it came out)

Like Honda, the number of Trials Bikes produced by Yamaha don't seem to justify their existance from a $ standpoint. But for whatever reason, I think Yamaha is in it for the longhaul and this new bike of Kenichi's will find its way to production. Hopefully they won't be $10,000.

yamaha havn't made a bike designed for trials since the tyz,afaik?

this kenichi bike is a breathed on scorpa with a wr engine, which badged as a scorpa just didn't sell, why would you wish a failure on any manufacturer?