Ossa TR 280i hard to start

scorpatic

Hey Deon, where do you get your GRO 75w from, I am having a little difficulty finding it here in Oz? Btw, have just come home after working away for ten days and the Ossa started 4th kick instead of 4 hours, lol. The 9v set up is well worth it.

Give Phil Wilson a call: http://www.norside.com.au/

He keeps it in stock for me usually so should be able to post you some.

Hi "old ozzie"

I have a 2012 thats dragged the clutch since new,has 34hrs on it now and still has what I think "considerable clutch drag",I am running GRO 75wt,have also bled the clutch. If I take all the freeplay out of the lever and have everthing adjusted right up its not to bad,not great but and really very "on/off"as well ! A mate runs Nulon 75wt transmission oil in his Ossa (AVAILABLE AT "SUPERCHEAP") comes in a litre bottle and is a lot cheaper than GRO which can be hard to find at times. Not sure what to do with mine,has been changed several times,I will buy some Nulon next and give that a shot.

I am running a 12 volt "start system" on mine,just a NMH battery pack which is available for under $10 on ebay plus a switch,they can be a ******* without them as you have seen on the forum.

What if you leave a little free-play but adjust the lever out a bit further so it compresses the clutch a little more?

We have two 2012's and with the GRO 75w and regular oil changes, the clutches are to my liking and if we get any drag its only for the first couple of minutes until warm.

• 1 month later...

• 1 month later...

Thats the one ric, is the factory made kit. it is very easy to make ur own as well, I just have a small switch mounted between the handle bars, easy and convenient. You should be able to find the wiring instruction on that same web site. :beer:

Started on the 3rd kick today and it was only +4c in the garage.I really like the "kill switch" modification.Makes much more sense than the switch at the kickstarter.

post-18077-0-09061700-1362929386_thumb.jpgpost-18077-0-26902800-1362929466_thumb.jpg

Edited by ric h

• 2 weeks later...

Have you tried the old Honda XR 600 method? Two good long steady pushes on the starter arm with no throttle (hold handle bar and not the twist grip to make sure. with right hand) to prime it. The third kick/push needs to be a full one from the very top and go at a steady rate to through a full swing. If you stab at it like a crosser it'll never go as you are not getting the flow of power to the ecu and circuits. A fried had an Ossa and I managed to make it go no bother this way where he'd been sweating for an hour!

• Like 1

I'm using the DIY 9V system and works great. 3 or Four kicks cold and only one kick hot.

Mine has ALWAYS been better than that , with NO battery.

Well , can't do better than one hot , which mine almost always does.

Edited by toothandnail

• 6 months later...

Does anyone know the cost of the software/ cables to check/adjust the ECU?

I live quite some distance from the closest dealer (300 miles or 900 miles) and it would be better just to have it for the long run.

I know the combo for the Ducati wasn't that much. I do repair work part time and having such tools is. Must to properly service these bikes.

I will check with the importer on those, but thought I'd ask and see if anyone knows.

I don't have one yet, but looks to be pretty soon! (Explorer for me, but I understood all the running gear (sans suspension) is the same.

Mark

• 2 months later...