Ossa TR 280i hard to start

scorpatic

what map are you on? Map 12 there are no issues. also, make sure you give it a good 6th gear run from time to time as you would all trials bikes to keep it breathing right. Also, no one should adjust the trottle body without setting the throttle position with the diagnostic tool. My golden rule to everyone, please don't touch the throttle body. :)

cheers

Hi borus,sorry for the late reply,have now drained the tank and will remix some different brand fuel/oil and give that a go! I contacted my dealer who is in another State (about 700 klms away),he has now confirmed it is still running (Map-11) not (Map-12) as you suggested,even though the bike is only 4weeks old!

The dealer is just about to supply another one of his franchise shops with the "Ossa" diagnostic equipment which is about 80 klms away so when that is up and running maybe i can get (Map-12) installed,which might help things as well?

Regards.

• 3 weeks later...

how many pennys

They never said, probably not cheap !

My dealer says you replace the black box on the front and the new one houses battery's, you also get a switch to turn the battery's on and off.

So basically the battery's are just giving you a more powerfull spark when needed.

Edited by Taff_d

• 5 weeks later...

This starting gizmo is not a freebie if you want it you have to pay for it, this info came from the factory.

Any idea when and where we can order the battery? I can start mine but its not easy and by the time I start my Fathers as well I'm ready for a cup of tea and a lay down!!

Ours are about 5-6 kicks from cold, first kick when hot or when left to sit for less than an hour. After starting mine, and then my fathers I'm ready for a rest!! Soon as anyone can get me two battery packs let me know as I'm desperate to order them and don't really mind where in the world they get shipped from.

the ISS starts wont be out for another couple of months, what years are

you bikes as the are sometime easier to start once they have bed in,

mine is just a bugger from cold and it takes 7 or 8 kicks once hot its ok

but if you leave it a bit to cool down its back to 7 or 8 kicks

jsp

the ISS starts wont be out for another couple of months, what years are

you bikes as the are sometime easier to start once they have bed in,

mine is just a bugger from cold and it takes 7 or 8 kicks once hot its ok

but if you leave it a bit to cool down its back to 7 or 8 kicks

jsp

We have a 2011 and a 2012, they are both supposed to be on the 12 map although I havn't verified this with my own eyes.

Can anyone confirm if the 13 map is a significant improvement in starting?

I started mine tonight and it took at least 10 kicks, it was dark by the time I got it going so I didn't get to have a ride and in the end I kept kicking just to make sure it would start...

It did start with me standing on the ground though, every other time I've had it leaning against something which allows you to give it a better kick.

There has to be an easier way though, we are doing an event this weekend and I'm worried Dad will need me to start his and I'm going to be knackered if I have to get them both running!!

Edited by DeonAttard