dating letter

scottishsteve

no chance mate only YAMAHA uk can give you a dating letter ,i had to buy one last year ring them up give them your frame and engine number for them to search your bike and they will call you back in about a week and they will ask for payment over the phone before they will send you a letter, other than that its a Q plate

• 4 weeks later...

• 4 months later...

got my dating letter last year and finally got round to trying to register it last week, sorted insurance, filled in form, went to DVLA who told me a ineed MOT

Got MOT on saturday , went back and as it was made outside EU, need a customs form, rang Yamaha, nothing on computer so, sorry cant help any further

Do i just give in at this point, has anyone else been through this?

I'm in the process of putting my Fantic which is currently on a Q plate onto an age related plate. I've been told

by DVLA that they won't accept a dating letter other than one from the original manufacturer unless the manufacturer

cannot themselves supply the evidence.

If this is the case the manufacturer has to then supply you with a letter stating this fact, only then will the DVLA accept

a dating letter from another source.

As you have a dating letter from Yamaha you shouldn't have a problem and believe me I would very readily pay £40 to

Fantic if they could supply me with one. Good luck.

you DO NOT need a dating letter from fantic. as above its fairly clear that the dvla publish a list of persons suitable to issue a dating letter. i ve never had a problem and i ve used bike clubs, collectors groups auctioneers and authors to write mine. I ve even seen letters faked though could nt condone such practices.

Edited by totalshell